Two More Big Macs coming...

birdloverusa

Apr 13, 2022
Parrots
macaws greys amazon conures
sorry about the bird s specailly the old flock they were wanderful as i meet them and at least a shamrock this time will be a baby not a woody ,, i miss that big boy , alot he was specail ,to me any way good luck

WikiBeaks

Supporting Vendor
Nov 20, 2017
I just got back from a long road trip … May through July, caught Covid on the last day’s drive, and I’m just catching up. Mark…I can’t believe it. I’m so sorry. Tusk gone? All your birds gone? It feels like a hole in the universe. I suppose Texas doesn’t consider the cruelty to the birds, but what about the mental cruelty to you? Your own pain and suffering is worth something. And caring for your mom on top of everything, so you had to go fall off a ladder? This is unreal, buddy. It’s incredibly distressing to learn all this. I’m so very, very sorry.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I’m very sorry to hear about you losing some of your flock. A trained flock is a lot of work, and can be challenging to maintain.

I hope you find a female Ekkie. I have a male, and he’s a hoot. He definitely is engaged/interactive. He is by no means a sloth as often described of Ekkies.

P4L

Aug 16, 2023
This is such a sad story. I can’t believe someone would think to do that its so evil! I am so sorry for your losses and I would defiantly get rid of all your teflon pans and pots.

Leteasophi13

Oct 5, 2023
Parrots
Green wing macaw
Those of us who joined PF recently would love to know what happened to your flock.
My elderly mother was in a nursing home, and I wasn't having that... so I brought her home to live with me.

I hired a caregiving agency and gave them explicit instructions regarding what NOT to do around parrots, including Teflon protocols. My mother's caregiver turned out to be shall we say, less than rational. We got into it one day about "boundary issues" with her. She got POed at me, so she stuck a teflon coated pan in the oven, cranked the oven up to high, and four and a half hours later called me at work to let me know my birds were dying...

These were my babies. My oldest bird was 47. They were out and about trained go everywhere, love everyone birds. Two of my birds spoke in context. That was 20 years worth of training...

I educated this lady on how NOT to kill my birds, and instead, gave her a blueprint on how to do one of the most vicious things anyone could possibly do to me.

Then the caregiving agency said, Oooops... Not our problem.

Needless to say I fired them, hired an attorney and sued them.

However, I live in Texas, where pets have no legal value beyond the cash you paid for them. That's just how the law works here.

And no, the authorities did NOTHING about the animal cruelty complaint.. NOTHING!

I am still a bit bitter and angry about it. It's taken me quite awhile to get to this point in the grieving process.

This wasn't an accident. She wasn't even cooking anything! This was 100% pure hate...
oh my god. This is terrible I’m so sorry

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Dipsey and Charlie the cockatiels
Oh wow that is so horrible and evil
I am sorry you lost your flock like that. I have never trusted anybody with my birds over the years.
Pets can never be replaced . I hope you can bond with your new flock.

Most Reactions

Latest posts