Unexpected Amazon Adoption

OP
catastrophe

catastrophe

Dec 2, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
Loki - Sun conure; Lucifer, Goffin’s Cockatoo; Tink, Mustached Parakeet; Mr. Grinch, DYH Amazon
[mention]Ira7 [/mention] when he gets all fluffy and cute I just want to scritch!! But he’s not ready for us to touch him yet, so he takes a step back and I take a step back too. I am thoroughly looking forward to the day he will accept scritches and pampering. My husband has his fingers crossed he will pick him as his human, but I don’t care who he picks. As long as he gets to just be a happy parrot. But I want to give so many scritches [emoji38] the wait is brutal [emoji12]

OP
catastrophe

catastrophe

Dec 2, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
Loki - Sun conure; Lucifer, Goffin’s Cockatoo; Tink, Mustached Parakeet; Mr. Grinch, DYH Amazon
[mention]promethuschow [/mention] his calls and noises are just so different! It’s pretty funny when all four of them start shouting at each other because it’s mostly screeches and then a deep, rumbly call that echoes through the house. I imagine he will learn “guys calm down!” because that’s what I usually say to the others when they get a little over-the-top rowdy [emoji38]

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Mr. Grinch, and your adoption inspired me.
Its very much a " hobby" painting ...
But I'd like to send it to you if you want, lol no pressure, pm me and let me know

Last edited:

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Laurasea you captured his expression in that picture perfectly.

OP
catastrophe

catastrophe

Dec 2, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
[mention]Laurasea [/mention] oh I love it! How thoughtful of you! [emoji172] It is beautiful:) I can’t paint (at all!), but if you need any birdie sweaters, I can knit those! Well, I can give it a go [emoji38] no guarantees they’d be perfect, but they’d almost certainly be useable!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Mr. GRINCH has such amazing fiery shoulders, he seems so extra special!
What a fun exchange, I'll pm you

OP
catastrophe

catastrophe

Dec 2, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
I started clicker training with Mr. Grinch today, just charging the clicker. He will gladly accept sunflower seeds directly from me, but he is a little intimidated by an open palm. No bites yet! Working our way to a healthier treat, but progress is progress, and I’ll take it! Taking it slowly, but once he is obviously comfortable with my hand nearby, we will work on other hand positions, etc. Open to any and all suggestions, too.

Oh, and even though there is shredded evidence that he’s been playing with his toys, he’s playing with them more and more often while I’m in the room! Yay!

OP
catastrophe

catastrophe

Dec 2, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
Got my initiation bite tonight [emoji37] I was working on clicker training, just hand feeding treats, and my hand was turned enough to show a little too much finger and instead of taking the treat, Mr. Grinch got my finger and bit down like his life depended on it! It hurt less than I expected, but it bled more than any other bite I’ve had! Of course, once I cleaned it up, it looked like nothing [emoji38] For such a small puncture, I had three fingers pretty covered in blood! Color me impressed!

Most Reactions

Latest posts