Unusual Behaviour

amandap24

May 4, 2021
I just got a 2 month old female cinnamon conure 2 weeks ago. She’s been doing amazing and has adjusted well to her new surroundings and people. She’s still a bit scared when we go in her cage but her personality is very shy and timid. I’ve noticed though while having her she does some weird behaviour every once in awhile which sort of freaks me out. Occasionally when she’s just on her perch she’ll sort of fall forward almost like she fainted in a way but then she’ll catch herself before she falls. I don’t know if that’s normal or if that’s her losing her balance when she’s attempting to sleep but she’s awake when she does this so I’m not sure if I should bring her to a vet or if it’s just normal behaviour.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Is there anyway you can catch a video of this?

OP
A

amandap24

May 4, 2021
I’ve tried to catch it on video but I’m always to late

ThatPixelLife

May 14, 2021
Parrots
Pixel - Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure
I have a baby conure, around the same age, that does the same thing. It's always around dusk or in a dark room when I'm making him take a nap. He doesn't perch very well and is slowly improving. Still trying to get the hang of his 'flamingo impression' (standing on one foot). But he does seem to just fall face-first sometimes. Scares the beejeezes out of me! Would love to know if anyone else has experience with this. Is it a baby thing that they grow out of?

Most Reactions

Latest posts