unweaned baby green cheek conure

GreenCheekGeek

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure
I just got my first bird but it has not been weaned, I cannot take it back to the breeder but I cant find foods that the bird wants to eat. What should I feed him? he is about 6 weeks and we are feeding the bird formula but we are trying to transition them onto solid foods

Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welcome! How old is your bird? And your breeder didn't give you instructions or formula? I'm sorry; that must be awful and stressful for you and your new baby!

I can't look up info right now so hopefully someone else will chime in with links to handfeeding baby bird formula. You could also try searching the forum.

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to the forums, greencheekgeek, although I must say I'm very sorry for the worrying circumstances that led you to us.

In addition to the info provided above, may i also suggest that, if the breeder is unable or unwilling to assist you further, you contact a certified avian vet for advice and support? The weaning process is quite a precarious time in a young bird's life so I think it would pay you to get in contact with a vet in this case. Even if you cannot visit one in person, they can often provide consultations by phone or video. I am not sure exactly where you are located, but the following link may assist you in finding an avian vet in your area ...

I wish you every success with your little one and hope that he or she will be ok 🙏

Most Reactions

Latest posts