update on David..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Since this isn't really covid related I figured I start a new thread for anyone interested.
He is back in the hospital and not doing well. His leg and foot are getting worse. The vascular Doc can't see him until Monday
I'll be visiting him later today after I see my eye surgeon about my caterac surgery.
More stress I don't need. :(

Jim

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Jim, my friend, of course we're interested. Lots of prayers all around, heading your way. I don't post much about such things, especially on that other thread, but know that I've been following, and you're in my thoughts. 🙏

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Wish I could take The Beeb's with me, I can tell he misses his Uncle,he is soooo quiet, but now that he's flying again I'd be chasing him down the hall :oops:
Heading out to the hospital now.

Jim

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Jim, sending healing wishes for David, and prayers for a full recovery. Please remember to take care of yourself too. Sending all my love your way.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Uncle Jim, I'm so sorry. More prayers coming you way from Aussie-land but I wish there was more I could do for you. Hang in there Uncle Jim, we all love you! ❤️

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sending endless healing energy and wishes for full recovery to David. Wishing you a good visit with eye surgeon Jim; hopefully now a good candidate for cataract removal! Hugs to both of you!!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Surgery for me wont happen until the end of March. :confused: Was a record 58 degree's yesterday and now there is three inches of snow and still coming down. Want to go visit him but I'm paranoid to drive somewhere I'm not familiar with about 30 minutes away.
Sighhhhh...

Jim

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I try to use google earth and street view when going to a new location.
Snow would be an added difficulty for sure.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Talked to David this morning. One of his Doc's saw him earlier,looks like he's gonna loose most of his foot. Plastic Surgeon says the skin is dying and nothing can be done to save it. :cry:

Jim

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
That's not good news for sure, but at the least, he has you Jim, and thats quite a lot!
My Mom lost most of her left leg, same cause, and she managed very well. Be strong for David and we will all be strong for you Jim!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Update on the update....they are going to amputate from below the knee. Going to set up a vid conference between the surgeon, David me and Davids son Joe.

On a cuter note...while talking to Dave I put my phone up to BB and told David to say HI...BB immediately started wolf whistling to him..he misses his Uncle.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am so sorry to know of amputation, Jim. Please send David my deepest wishes for safe surgery and effective recovery.

Ditto's Dear Friend!!
The Boat Household is in full support!

I am sorry to say this, but it sounds like David's Medical Team is reacting and not Proactive, i.e., getting in front of his medical condition. Consider being Proactive during tomorrows Telecom. Use Your Inner Amazon, Dear Friend. Example:" I understand that this is where we are today, but what are we going to do to get in front and directing My Brother's medical care to saving him and not loosing more parts reacting?"

I'm not kind when I see less then First World Medical Care and in my Big Mouthed, Pain in the Butt, in Their Face Approach is sometimes needed to wake Medical Staff up! I lost one brother to less than first class medical care. I butted in to assure that I did not loss my second brother. And, he is alive today, because I released by inner Amazon.

Sorry, just be being me, good friend!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Ditto's Dear Friend!!
The Boat Household is in full support!

I am sorry to say this, but it sounds like David's Medical Team is reacting and not Proactive, i.e., getting in front of his medical condition. Consider being Proactive during tomorrows Telecom. Use Your Inner Amazon, Dear Friend. Example:" I understand that this is where we are today, but what are we going to do to get in front and directing My Brother's medical care to saving him and not loosing more parts reacting?"

I'm not kind when I see less then First World Medical Care and in my Big Mouthed, Pain in the Butt, in Their Face Approach is sometimes needed to wake Medical Staff up! I lost one brother to less than first class medical care. I butted in to assure that I did not loss my second brother. And, he is alive today, because I released by inner Amazon.

Sorry, just be being me, good friend!
Steven my friend it was basically David's fault for not seeking proper medical treatment months ago and he realizes that,said he should have listened to me when I initially begged him to go to the emergency room. Some blame goes on me for not dragging him there when I saw how ugly his foot was getting. The surgeon said the damage has been done. We will find out any options if any when we chat with the Doc.

Most Reactions