Update on “Diana” and “Fiona” + cage redecoration!

Artchic528

Sep 3, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
2 Albino Parakeets, Jax and Jasmine
I bought two albino budgies guessing they were both female. Hence the names “Diana” and “Fiona”. I think I read somewhere that there’s a 70% chance an albino is female, so that was my reasoning behind my naming. However, it turns out that “Fiona”, the larger of my two birds, is actually a male (“Diana” is a female, in case anyone was wondering). Probably why there is a size difference, sexual dimorphism and all. I decided to quickly rename them to Jax (the male) and Jasmine (the female). They’re still new (on day 4 of having them) so they didn’t learn their old names yet. A perfect time to rename!

I also rearranged the cage today because my natural perches I ordered just came. I took out all the dowel perches it came with and put in the two grapevine perches and the two natural wood perches I ordered. I took out the long spiral rope perch, but left in the triangle rope swing, so I’ll hunt down some vet wrap for that in the future. I also took out the two mirror toys and added in two colorful toys made from a variety of textures. I have a few more in my supplies plus the spiral rope perch I can switch out to keep things fresh. Now I present the new and improved cage!

artchic528-albums-jax-jasmine-picture23417-jax-left-jasmine-right.jpeg

artchic528-albums-jax-jasmine-picture23418-jax-jasmine-s-newly-redecorated-cage-new-natural-perches.jpeg

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Neptune blue quaker (MIA), Ta-dah GCC female, Penny quaker female, Pikachu quaker female!!, Phoebe quaker female, 3 parakeets males, Burt The Burd GCC female RIP
I love Jax and Jasmine as names! Cage is indeed looking great!

Scott

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Very nice remodel for a pair of beauties! Love the varied levels of perches + toys, hope they enjoy!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts