Update & Progress Report

birdiemama

May 11, 2020
Las Vegas
Parrots
Doobie, a Pineapple Green Cheek Conure baby about 6 weeks old (on May 11, 2020)
Well I must say it has been an interesting day. After reading the well-deserved responses to me for obtaining an unweaned bird - and being scared to death... well guess what, this morning my QwakQwak didn't want to eat a full breakfast.

"Oh no", I thought, those horror stories are true and I got a little worried. I've been keeping a very close watch on him every minute (new mama syndrome), and he has been acting fine, eating millet and I put some fresh chop broccoli, apple & carrots along with water. He's been drinking water and working on the raw veges and eating millet; preening and playing with his cage toys, is somewhat chatty - even tried to take a bath in his water dish!. He didn't ask for food until about 3:00 p.m. so I fed him and he ate pretty good. ....made me happy.

I know it's "not all about me", but I can't explain the wave of relief I am feeling. Don't worry, I'm still keeping an eye on him and staying alert for any unusual behavior.

Thank you for the care and help you are giving me, and all of us. I realize you experts must get so frustrated with people like me, but you guys are very good at being stern in a gentle way. :green:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
And with great hope, you will pass along what you have learned to other individuals that come here asking very similar question.

Happy to hear your baby is doing better each day...

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
And with great hope, you will pass along what you have learned to other individuals that come here asking very similar question.

Happy to hear your baby is doing better each day...
100% agree, Boats.

While some here may come off as more "stern" than others, we all share a common goal- The welfare of the birds. Most are not frustrated with people without knowledge. People come here for information that they don't yet have. That's why you're here, looking for ways to best serve your new baby. That's a good thing.

We do however, get frustrated with lazy "breeders" that don't finish their job, and doom many baby birds, placing them in the hands of people without the knowledge to care for them properly, and convincing them it will be fine. Far too often, it won't.

When I first joined here, I knew pretty much nothing. I've learned a LOT since then. Still learning, every day. There's no better feeling than being able to pass on knowledge that helps someone else that needs it. You'll find most folks here hardly consider themselves "experts." Some are decidedly more experienced or educated on a subject than others, but we all learn things worthy of contributing for the benefit of others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you for the care and help you are giving me, and all of us. I realize you experts must get so frustrated with people like me, but you guys are very good at being stern in a gentle way. :green:

Thank you for being receptive and placing the well being of your conure above pride and ego! All of us love success stories and deeply appreciate the opportunity to humbly share our collective knowledge and experiences.

Most Reactions