Urgent please help!!!!

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I woke up today opend the cage door for my birds sky did not go out, her eyes were so big ,she was not replying when i say her favorite sound or when i sing ,when i touch her back she doesn't make any angry noises she is just not replying to anything
She still has food appetite

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
A visit to a certified avian vet is your immediate action. Parrots only show signs of sickness or disease when they are already REALLY sick. Vet... ASAP.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I cant...................

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Put her in a smaller cage with a heat source(such as a bird safe heater or a bottle with hot water in). It's not a treatment for her illness but will at least help her a bit..

Warmth is crucial for ill birds. If it is warm in your area, it is not necessary to give a heat source.
It is best to put an ill bird in a small cage to limit movement.

I hope that sky gets better soon, prayers!

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Doing that right now!!!

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Right i will ask here too

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
The advice given above is spot on.

I've asked for more details, to be able to offer anything more.

I'm very sad, to hear you have a sick one and are unable to provide veterinarian care.

The basics of added warmth, tempting food, a quiet stress free environment , are nearly the limits of what any of us can offer.

I'm in the middle of something right now. But I will check back in, for the more details and pictures. And do my very best to offer ideas and help.

Sky, we want you better!!!

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
I Agree with Laura.
We hope she feels better and I'm so sorry that your options involving the use of an Avian vet are limited!
Consider your options above and best of luck! Please keep us updated!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ok I've checked back twice for poop, and bird pics and more details.

I hope things are better

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
More details:
so sky is girl and she is molting right now when i woke up the Moring to get them out she was just so tired, sky is about 1 year old (she came to us when she was 2 months old)
Poop: here poop looks a olive green and has a tint of yellow and some water
i am sorry if its not clear my parents went out and i dont have a phone so yaa so i have to picture it with the laptop camera
WIN_20220411_10_53_44_Pro.jpg

WIN_20220411_10_53_37_Pro.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Molting puts extra stress on a bird, and often if there are underlying health issues they were keeping in check , they flair up during a molt.

Those are abnormal poor girl...darn it...

Do you know her normal weight?

Can she have an egg?

The fecal is still formed in the first so not full on diarrhea ...but to much urine wetness.
I'm going to look fir a couple of causes

Any other symptoms? Still eating?

You checked seeds and food fir any signs of spoiling?

Any symptoms in your others?

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
The fecal is still formed in the first so not full on diarrhea ...but to much urine wetness.
what do you mean what does fecal mean
i am sorry if i am not understanding because English is not my first la

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Sure, to Clear up
Any chance she is making eggs/carrying eggs?

Checking your bags or containers of burds feed for spoiled, I know you change the actual food bowls. If had bags of seed mix that spolied, before I got them must have bern exposed to moisture. So its just good to check them .

Fecal is a term for the solid waste part of the bird poop.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
This is one if the things I think of in budgies

One of the most common causes of gastrointestinal disease in budgerigars is Mega bacteria also called avian gastric yeast. This fungal microorganism can be found in clinically healthy budgerigars also. Stressors, such as , bullying, poor cage layout, cold, poor nutrition, breeding, molting, poor hygiene, and change of owner- ship can contribute to the onset of the megabacteria associated disease as seen by the bird vets.

Last edited:
OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
Any chance she is making eggs/carrying eggs?
I dont think so because tofu(girl) haven't regurgitate to each other for months

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
This is one if the things I think of in budgies

One of the most common causes of gastrointestinal disease in budgerigars is Mega bacteria also called avian gastric yeast. This fungal microorganism can be found in clinically healthy budgerigars also. Stressors, such as , bullying, poor cage layout, cold, poor nutrition, breeding, molting, poor hygiene, and change of owner- ship can contribute to the onset of the megabacteria associated disease as seen by the bird vets.
well thank you for the new info

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Here is more on it.....not saying how likely this can be or if this is even anything you need to worry about.

But budgies eating like really hungry, with off droppings make me think of it....not a lot of experiences with this type if issue myself ...if yours had would be more of a chronic thing...and nothing but a veterinarian could determine and help with.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
ty for the help! and the info
i will keep you updated!!!

Most Reactions