URGENT: Someone with parrots in VENICE ITALY need help urgently!!!

Erwin_Humus

Mar 19, 2021
London, UK
Parrots
2 Cockatiels
Erwin - the female. She was rescued in September 2019 and is the most gentle creature I ever met.

Humus-Caratacus - the male. He was rescued in March 2020 and is the most curious yellow
Hi guys,

This is a desperate situation. My acquaintance, a refugee from Ukraine, in search of shelter, along with her three cockatiels, ended up in Italy, in Venice. Due to stress, one of the cockatiels developed severe diarrhea. She is currently in a hotel in quarantine with Covid and cannot get out. Can anyone help bring in probiotics, medicines, vinegar, and fresh water? Please contact me asap if you can help!

Many thanks

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi guys,

This is a desperate situation. My acquaintance, a refugee from Ukraine, in search of shelter, along with her three cockatiels, ended up in Italy, in Venice. Due to stress, one of the cockatiels developed severe diarrhea. She is currently in a hotel in quarantine with Covid and cannot get out. Can anyone help bring in probiotics, medicines, vinegar, and fresh water? Please contact me asap if you can help!

Many thanks
I wish I could help, sadly I'm all the way in SA...

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Consider contacting a Avian Vet in Venice or even a larger Animal /Farm Vet's Clinic as Covid has vasty chanced Human and Avian Medical services forever. Providing the correct medication is very important as is dosage. Just providing medication and/or over the counter support products may make the issue worst.

Thank you for the Good Work you are doing!!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hi guys,

Many thanks
She could try to call the vets listed here in Venice and see if one of them could come to her. Praying for her, and all she has already been through. I hope a vet will come out and help.

Venezia

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Xtra warmth is very healing to parrots. Support feeding of baby burd formula if you can get. Burds can get dehydrated quickly with diarrhea, but never recommended to syringe water as huge choke hazard. Instead blend pellets with water if needed and syringe. Or make a sweet potatoes mashed and warm add just a little water so you can offer by syringe or bent spoon. You can offer a little apple or applesauce. But you have to really be careful of sugary fruits in a bird with diarrhea as it will cause an explosion of bacteria or yeast growth and make diarrhea worse.
Offering a pumpkin or sweet potatoes, butternut squash surry is better. The fiber really helps. Or you can use human baby/toddler food thst is pumpkin or sweet potatoes based, in America they come in those little jars.

Last edited:
OP
E

Erwin_Humus

Mar 19, 2021
London, UK
Parrots
2 Cockatiels
Erwin - the female. She was rescued in September 2019 and is the most gentle creature I ever met.

Humus-Caratacus - the male. He was rescued in March 2020 and is the most curious yellow
Hi guys, just to give you an update. The little soul called Cuti was seen by an avian vet and was prescribed treatment which went quite successfully. Moreover, so many volunteers answered the call for help, providing all the essentials such as food, suplements, cage and perches for the birbs, it's increadible!!!

Thank you all for your support! :grey:

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
Hi guys, just to give you an update. The little soul called Cuti was seen by an avian vet and was prescribed treatment which went quite successfully. Moreover, so many volunteers answered the call for help, providing all the essentials such as food, suplements, cage and perches for the birbs, it's increadible!!!

Thank you all for your support! :grey:
That is amazing news and so good to hear!

Most Reactions

Latest posts