Using icecream sticks and beads to make toys for birds?

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
Using popsicle sticks and beads to make toys for birds?

Hi everyone,

I've though of an idea to use ice cream sticks to make some platforms as well as add them to the birdie necklace idea that i have at the moment! Is it safe to give birds icecream sticks? Can they chew them safely? As well as this, are wooden and plastic beads okay for birds?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Re: Using popsicle sticks and beads to make toys for birds?

Hi everyone,

I've though of an idea to use ice cream sticks to make some platforms as well as add them to the birdie necklace idea that i have at the moment! Is it safe to give birds icecream sticks? Can they chew them safely? As well as this, are wooden and plastic beads okay for birds?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, that your Thread has gotten missed since it is such a wonderful question.

Ice Cream Sticks are made from a soft wood, commonly dried Pine. The wood is very safe for Parrots as they can easily break it into pieces and it has no favor that would create an interested to ingest it.

With beads, one has to be very careful of their size and hardness. It is important that they are hard and large enough not to become lodged with in the Beak. Note: Some plastics are not safe when mouthed by children or Parrots. Assure that whatever you select are CE approved for use with children. Be weary of anything Made in China or like questionable sources.

Most Reactions