Vacuum

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Every single time I run the vacuum BB will Stick out every one of his feathers start flapping wings. Not hard just small flaps and pace the side of the cage. I thought he was scared. I was just sent a email from a friend saying I had been reading BB's body language wrong . That he wants a bath. She said the vacuum sounds like a storm coming to them and its time for rain and bath........... Just wanted your opinion on this. Normal bath is a spray and he really does not like it . He keeps all feathers tight to him

Thanks

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
well now I really feel stupid G's I thought no if he is scared and I spray it will be worse. On the other hand YES BF can vacuum while I play bath time LOL

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
My lilac crowned amazon goes swimming every time I turn the vacuum on!

EVERY SINGLE TIME...

My macaw actually LIKES playing with the shop vac. She likes getting her beak sucked into it. Her eyes go, she does the head bob thing, then sticks her beak into the hole... pulls it away. Looks at me with the eyes going. Does it again.

(Keep it away from feathers though, it REALLY messes them up. Accidentally got her tail feathers once when she decided to "help" and wouldn't get out of the way...) No amount of preening fixed them 100%. Had to deal with ratty tail feathers until the next molt...

I don't get to finish the bird room until she's had her fill of "sucking face." :D

In the meantime, Lila's water dish is emptied onto the floor... one mess cleaned up, another mess created...

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
a59c7f3a5d8097e42554696ff083160e.jpg

I LOL-ed when I first saw this image. Had no idea how common this actually was!

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
To funny. THANK YOU SO MUCH This is why I say I would be lost without this forum.

Boss just told me I can not go home to give my Fid a shower LOL> She just does not understand .

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
a59c7f3a5d8097e42554696ff083160e.jpg

I LOL-ed when I first saw this image. Had no idea how common this actually was!

Funny pic...

Yeah. I've only had one bird that does this one, but it's apparently very common.

Now the funny part was my little sun conure looked exactly like THAT bird... any time you had a glass of Chardonnay!

He wouldn't do it with any other white wine - ONLY CHARDONNAY. And he wouldn't try to drink it either. He would PLUNGE himself into your wine glass, just like this little bird...

Something about the smell of it, I guess?! I never could figure it out. But you really had to watch yourself with wine around that bird.

Pecker (my bfa) was a pest for a different reason around beer. Her former owner used to get her drunk... and MAN she was also determined to get into it... but she wasn't going swimming!

Fortunately, I drink primarily reds...

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
LOL To funny. Mark if I ever win the lotto I am coming down to visit your Fids. They are amazing.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
LOL To funny. Mark if I ever win the lotto I am coming down to visit your Fids. They are amazing.

Those two both crossed the rainbow bridge quite some time ago...

Visiting them can wait! If you get my drift... it would be the opposite of winning the lotto - Congratulations you just won the Plane Crash Lottery! :eek:

miloslave

May 17, 2010
South Africa - Cape Town
Parrots
Mustache Parakeet - Milo
CAG - Charlie
Boss just told me I can not go home to give my Fid a shower LOL> She just does not understand .

Hahaha! I can just image a boss's face when asked that question! Lol, no, I don't suppose a lot of people would understand. But most of us on this forum does, lol. It sounds like a perfectly reasonable request to me!

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots

Hahaha! I can just image a boss's face when asked that question! Lol, no, I don't suppose a lot of people would understand. But most of us on this forum does, lol. It sounds like a perfectly reasonable request to me!

Thank you !! She is avoiding me now LOL

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Lol wow I have birds who get after our drinks but never to bathe in! Along the lines of the question though, all my conures bathe to the vacuum, and the breeder I got my IRNs from says her birds all do the same :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Raven (Pionus) is the only one here who acts like he wants a bath when the vacuum goes on. Then when he gets one, he hates it. Go figure.

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
This really amazes me. I really thought he was freaking out. Poor baby. I got home to late last night but will try it tomorrow. FINALLY my den will get a good cleaning LOL

Most Reactions

Latest posts