Very quick question

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
Is black currant bushes safe for green cheeks ? It's not spray with anything. And it needs a trim so I figured to reuse kind of deal ?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Should be fine, and if there are berries on it your conure would probably enjoy them. Currants are also very good for people and birds.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
Should be SADD and if there are berries on it your conure would probably enjoy them. Currants are also very good for people and birds.
SADD? And yeah there are berries on them haha. I'd leave a few on for them to scavenge as well as harvest the ripe ones myself to store for later

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Typo. I hate using my phone for that reason and have no idea why it would insert that.

I think I wrote that it should be good or fine, nothing else.

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
Typo. I hate using my phone for that reason and have no idea why it would insert that.

I think I wrote that it should be good or fine, nothing else.
No worries haha

Okay good because some would make some great perches for them so if it's safe I'll use them.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
Thanks I know that!
but I was asking whether well I guess branches/bush itself is sage

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I would wash it off in the shower or with a hose to make sure there are no wild bird droppings, because of the bird flu outbreak.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
THIS^^^^^^^

Yes it's safe but wash it down.

OP
A

Alfie

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
11 week old Green cheek
I would wash it off in the shower or with a hose to make sure there are no wild bird droppings, because of the bird flu outbreak.
I plan to power wash it with just water to clean it up

Most Reactions