Very strange thing (really)

zana

Sep 14, 2020
If I move rambo's cage in other room, he go to sleep on the bottom of the cage. If I move back the cage in my room where I'm, he back on the perch. WTF?
Is it possible that he feel more secure with me in my room than in other much bigger room where I put his cage in the center of the room?
Sorry for my english.

btw, he looks healthy, very active, eat a lot and fly a lot when he is out of his cage. Every day, not just today.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hard to know for certain, but I think you've perfectly analyzed the situation. Rambo may feel insecure in middle of large room and prefer the bottom of cage for easier movement.

OP
Z

zana

Sep 14, 2020
Re: Very strange thing (really) updated

Later, when he was tamed he started to sleep on the bottom of the cage AGAIN. Don't know what to do. Almost 2 months he sleep on the bottom of the cage. He is healthy, eat, scream and fly like a beast.
And now this (see video) Looks like regurgitating :rainbow1:
[ame="https://youtu.be/NP9etCAGK_k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP9etCAGK_k&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

btw, if I remove the plastic bottom, rambo sleep on the perch. Maybe he feel safer when is hidden. Check my cage Ferplast Rekord 4. Don't worry. All perches and swing are changed with wooden and he is outside 5-6 hours (at least) per day.

Last edited:

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
You cover him at night, right?

Birds generally don't like to be in the center of the room, they prefer their cages near a wall (where they can spy on everyone). Also they want to be able to spy on everyone.

I have read that some types of birds like to sleep on the cagefloors but I cannot remember which types.

OP
Z

zana

Sep 14, 2020
In my room, his cage is in the corner, 2-3 cm from the wall. In the bigger room he is in the center. In both rooms he sleep on the bottom of the cage. He snuggle in one of the corners of the bottom on the cage:(. Only way to ''forcing'' him to sleep on the perches is if I remove the plastic bottom on the cage.
No, I'm not covering his cage.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Many birds like to have their cages covered at night for better sleep. They feel more safe and hidden. Also most birds would feel exposed and unsafe if their cage is in the center of the room.

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I got my love birds Seagrass rabbit house. They really loved walking around it and hanging out inside it. They did a little hormonal with it but nothing too bad. I only meant ion this because you said your love bird likes to hide. Have your tried a flat perch in the corner? Maybe he likes stretching his feet out?

OP
Z

zana

Sep 14, 2020
I'm worried about his feet. Is it ok to sleep on flat surface?
This Seagrass rabbit house?
Yes, he is very handsome :)

btw, if that's not a problem for his legs, I would let him to sleep on the bottom of the cage. I let him do whatever he wants 99% of the time :D

Last edited:

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
It’s a bunny house that has three openings made out of sea grass. I suspended with twine. I also have a heated perch for lovebirds that they hope on when they feel a little chilled.

Most Reactions

Latest posts