Vet Visit?

Artchic528

Sep 3, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
2 Albino Parakeets, Jax and Jasmine
A little less than a week ago, last Friday to be exact, I bought Jasmine and Jax, a pair of albino budgies. I have read that I should establish a baseline with an avian vet. I was wondering how soon that should be. Also, they aren’t really trusting of me yet so how would I go about putting them in a carrier without stressing them too much and what carrier do you recommend?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A baseline visit always recommended, however no rush in the absence of definitive symptoms or issues. While birds hide illness, you wish to strike a balance before subjecting them to additional stress. I am not familiar with budgies but believe they can be a bit more skittish with vets than other species.

A sturdy carrier that is transportable and secured to your vehicle best. I generally use plastic mammal "pet carriers" for larger species and attach a perch inside for stability. Advantage of mostly closed design is reduced stimulus compared with small wire cages that are entirely open, though a towel achieves privacy.

OP
Artchic528

Artchic528

Sep 3, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
2 Albino Parakeets, Jax and Jasmine
I ordered this carrier off of Amazon. Is it okay?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083Q7W54H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_J1ZXCP78KNB7N13H1TXF

artchic528-albums-jax-jasmine-picture23424-bird-carrier-amazon.png

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I have this. Important tho they can over heat in this design. I got the fan , in Florida I can't use thst type without a fan. The fan goes in the side pocket.

My favorite travel, vet visit cage is just a small square cage with bars. I out a towel on the bottom. Then one perch very low, as they csn loose their balance in the car

Most Reactions