vitakraft absorbant cage liner?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Anyone familiar with these liners? I've been using newspaper for the entire time I've had birds but Aster is proving a challenge. She likes to splash in her water on a daily basis and it really does a number to her newspaper and makes clean up a ton harder. She does not have access to her cage liner if that is a concern with these.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Paper bags! I use these for Parkerā€™s smaller cage. Just request paper bags instead of plastic at the grocery store when you check out. Theyā€™re Free and youā€™re reducing plastic use!

Relatedly, butcher paper! Iā€™ve switched to butcher paper in Parkerā€™s big cage and on his t stand. Both this and paper bags (basically the same material) hold up infinitely better to water than newspaper.

Essentially, Iā€™ve given up on newspaper. I like butcher paper/paper bags much better.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I'll have to see about getting some butcher paper then, thanks for the recommendation!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Anyone familiar with these liners? I've been using newspaper for the entire time I've had birds but Aster is proving a challenge. She likes to splash in her water on a daily basis and it really does a number to her newspaper and makes clean up a ton harder. She does not have access to her cage liner if that is a concern with these.
Yes, I am somewhat familiar with them. I think itā€™s just not a good deal. Printer paper, butcher paper, paper bags, cardboard, or newspaper (newspaper is okay IF they cannot chew it) the vitakraft liners can most likely be toxic if consumed and are just a bit pricey.

Most Reactions