Vixen passed away...

Jan 16, 2019
Maldives, H.Dh Kulhudhuffushi
Parrots
White-faced 'tiel (Cookie). Pied Budgie (Pepper).
It's been one day since Vixen died and I am still heartbroken. I've only had her for 2 months but I loved just as much as I loved Kookie. I'm certain she was sick ever since we got here as she used to always be fluffed up or sleeping. But it never crossed my mind that she could be sick. Then around 2 days ago, she was sitting on the cage floor and was always sleeping. She wasn't eating either. That night I took her out to try and feed her some baby parrot food and by then she couldn't even move. I tried to feed her with a spoon first but she wasn't swallowing any of the food so my brother fed her with a syringe. I kept her separated from Kookie since they lived together. By the next morning, she was dead.

She came from a place that didn't take care of their birds and I'm glad that she was able to live a better life here, even if it was for only 2 months.

She was a great bird and I'll miss her deeply.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My deepest condolences Naz on the loss of baby Vixen. I am so sorry, it must be so hard to have lost her when you thought you had a long and happy future ahead. Vixen may have only been in your hands for a short time, but she will be in your heart forever.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Oh no !! I’m so sorry for your loss. You absolutely gave her a better life and lots of love. Big hugs to yiu

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I'm so sorry! My heartfelt condolences to you. It seems to me when you find a special one, it doesn't matter if they're brand new, or have been with you for years. The pain from their loss is still the same. Many of us have been there, so we understand. The important thing is that she had you, she had a home, and she knew she was loved.

spooky006

Aug 28, 2020
Orange Park, Florida
Parrots
My Quaker Parrot "Pedro" was recently deceased.
Give yourself time to morn the loss of Vixen.
It will take time, exactly four weeks ago today I lost my Quaker, "Pedro". He came into our lives late in life, and we were blessed to have him.
My wife mourned for several days, but for me it has been harder since he was my best friend and shipmate (Retired Navy). It has gotten easier, just take it day by day. I still have his cages, food, toys, etc... but they are in the garage.
If you have take pictures of Vixen. Get some developed, go to Michael's and get a picture collage. On Windows 10, I got it where the background does like a slideshow of the pictures of Pedro and us as a family. On my TV, I have ChromeCast linked GooglePhotos and doing the same thing. I even purchased one of those picture frames where you load onto a USB drive, it does a slideshow. Soon, I will take the USB to Sign Store, maybe they can do a couple of t-shirts... On Amazon they have pet Memorial's, not to much for our feathered friends; but I am sure there is somewhere.
I started to document things that Pedro did, words/phrases he said, and his travels across the United States. In addition to writing about him I am thinking of a scrapbook with pictures or an digital scrapbook. I don't have Office 365 or good photo/video editors, just working with what I got.
Hope this helps, and give yourself time.

Barry

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Very sorry to know Vixen passed, my deepest condolences. Your time spent was a gift and Vixen knew she was deeply loved.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I’m so sorry Naz, but I’m glad she had you.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Whether for a few days, months or years, the loss is deep and missing them has no limitation of the amount of time. Very sorry for your loss.

OP
ChocolateChipCookiez
Jan 16, 2019
Maldives, H.Dh Kulhudhuffushi
Parrots
White-faced 'tiel (Cookie). Pied Budgie (Pepper).

Most Reactions