Wackiest adventure yet!...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
...Everyday since Friday I have taken the green dinosaurious on an adventure. Nothing big, fifteen or twenty minute excursion's to the convienence store, Dunkin Donuts,Popeye's for drum stix..even the auto parts store.

I've mentioned many times on how he loves going places,meeting "new" people and loving the attention. For some reason a child/girl/womans voice gets him animated and it's usually a female who comes up to us and oohh and ahhh's over him telling him he's so handsome ect ( the guys don't seem to care,they just look and smile). Cumberland Farms for a slushy and snack and the girls asking all sorts of questions and speaking to him in their "girly" voices gets him going,mumbling in Amazon speak or a "what'cha doing?" get's 'em every time. They ask if they can pet him and I emphatically say NO,unless you want to loose a finger..that keeps them at bay.

The other day we stop at Popeyes for the drum stix..drive up to the speaker to order. The inside mic was on and we could hear pots/pans clanging and a couple girls talking. This got the dino excited and says "hello?" The girl comes back with "I'll be with you in a minute" and I start chuckling to myself. A moment later the girl says "can I help you?" and out comes another "hello?" The girl says "Yes? I can hear you"and I almost lost it lol. I placed our order and drove up to the window. The girl opens it and say's Oh my! What a pretty birdie! and on cue he says HELLO! She looks at me,then Amy,points her finger at Amy and says "thats the voice I heard on the speaker! he sounds just like a human!"

Now here's the real wacky part..on the way home I'm telling him what a good boy he is and i love him bunches. He starts rolling his head around like Stevie Wonder and opens his arms like an eagle and starts flapping like a goofball hitting my face then pulling at his own tail,then grabs my ear lobe EVER so gently and yanks on it a couple times! I ask him whats going on and he yells HELLO in my ear then grabs my sunglasses and tosses them on the floor. I'm in disbelief as he lowers his head and says SCRATCH!!
In all of his 31 years hes has never behaved like this..he gently grabbed my finger and nibbled on it,ran his beaky up and down my cheek..

The trip to the pet store for supplies and to Dairy queen i'll leave for another day.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Can an older Parrot learn new things, but for us long time parrot parents, its the reality that we really never know what is going to spirit them onward to providing us a new display, combination, etc.. They seem to like to save them for magic moments.

Love us some Amazonisms!

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Jim, that's awesome!!! I'm feeling that love from here! :)

Keep it going Amy, you got him right where you want him. [emoji14]

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Can an older Parrot learn new things, but for us long time parrot parents, its the reality that we really never know what is going to spirit them onward to providing us a new display, combination, etc.. Then seem to like to save them for magic moments.

Love us some Amazonisms!

Boats I don't know how many times I've said that when he goes on an adventure he is a totally different creature. NEVER here at home does he act like that. Oh sure he is lovey to a point, he talks to Beebs and likes to be played with but in the car he's just so gentle ( chews my fingers and ear with the exact chew pressure) lets me wrestle with his beak,even kiss his cheek! But the lowering of his head and SCRATCH! thing blew me away lol
Amazon's have more fun!! So true lol.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Can an older Parrot learn new things, but for us long time parrot parents, its the reality that we really never know what is going to spirit them onward to providing us a new display, combination, etc.. Then seem to like to save them for magic moments.

Love us some Amazonisms!

Boats I don't know how many times I've said that when he goes on an adventure he is a totally different creature. NEVER here at home does he act like that. Oh sure he is lovey to a point, he talks to Beebs and likes to be played with but in the car he's just so gentle ( chews my fingers and ear with the exact chew pressure) lets me wrestle with his beak,even kiss his cheek! But the lowering of his head and SCRATCH! thing blew me away lol
Amazon's have more fun!! So true lol.

Jim

And when you add: "especially when they are screwing with their Humans heads." It becomes so clear! Its Their World and we are a long for the ride. What Julio 'allows' when we are out and about is much the same.

Most Reactions

Latest posts