Waffle Irons

Nov 2, 2022
Media
Washington, DC, USA
Parrots
Astro (budgie) 1/20/23--3/31/23
Poppy (cinnamon cockatiel)
Hi guys!
So I know that nonstick pans are 100% bad for parrots, but waffle irons aren't good either. But I live in a fairly big house, and the birdcage is on a different floor. Would making waffles still hurt the birds if I shut the door to the upstairs floor?
Also, I have tried a cast iron waffle irons that isn't nonstick and it didn't work very well at all.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think that appliances that shut themselves off when they get too hot are pretty safe. But that’s just my opinion.

I only buy toaster/ microwave waffles now, though.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Waffle tend to be a very seasonal breakfast item that also runs in and out of favor.
With limited time, they are all problematic as the full surfaces needs to come to temperature prior to use.
Non-stick surfaces tend to solve some problems, but cause other far more dangerous problems.
The issues they can cause Parrots is serious, but if you have older family members or anyone with breathing problems, non-stick is just as dangerous to them.
Large homes do have advantages, but they also tend to congregate fumes in specific areas. One would think that upper floors would be safer, in fact, the warmer area of the Kitchen commonly causes the air to rise to the upper floors.
Special use appliances turn into storage problems, so assure that you really need them.
Your an Adult, you are aware of the risks. Choose wisely and if you get one, use wisely as the off-gassing can kill more than Parrots.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Personally, we use zero any kind of coated pot, pan, cookie sheet and any appliance that heats itself, like breadmakers, corn poppers, air fryers, hair driers, curling irons, etc, etc. HAving had a loved parrot just drop dead one day, no warning, just ............ gone, we take no chances with Salty. It's not worth the possibility.

Most Reactions

Latest posts