Wake up call : All drivers

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Wake up call indeed....your life can be changed in a split second...

sprice37

Sep 11, 2010
Media
Oregon
Parrots
Marya 11 yr old Lesser Sulpher Crested Cockatoo, Socrates a 4 month old CAG and Cheepers a 1 winged Tiel whos name is dynamic.
Got about 60 seconds and had to stop.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Got about 60 seconds and had to stop.

Yipe real wake up call. I was in tears, had to keep stopping, just to recover, then to witness the following incidences.
But it honestly makes one think Be More Alert all the time

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I watched it all....I've been involved in two accidents where the other guy was stupid. :mad: In both cases my cars were "written off" by the insurance. I'm still here...for which I am grateful.

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Yep.... people do not realize what a vehicle can do to the human body..

I know 1st hand.. I was run over in 1978 and had my right leg shattered, back broke, elbow and shoulder and knee messed up.

The recover took 3 years...

Please everyone watch when you are driving..

Mike

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I had to stop at the man who bumped the lady from behind.

I wish they'd show these things on TV. They do some good ones in the UK but nothing would hit harder than that. Here's an example if anyones interested.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVBfMMMUsGs]YouTube - British safe driving commercial[/ame]

There was a "worse one" but I can't locate it atm.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Yep.... people do not realize what a vehicle can do to the human body..

I know 1st hand.. I was run over in 1978 and had my right leg shattered, back broke, elbow and shoulder and knee messed up.

The recover took 3 years...

Please everyone watch when you are driving..

Mike

Mike I recall our conversation about your accident, I salute you, what you went through, the pain and all the medical procedures.
You took it day by day and got through it all.
We here on the forum are fortunate today to share your joys and experiences with Abby.

OP
antoinette

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I wish I could show this clip to every SA taxi driver out there, but, I dont believe it will help.:(

Linky I agree with you 100%
But there is something I have done already.
I did forward it to a site re: Taxi Driver's
Hopefully someone intelligent enough will view it, forward it and start talking about it. :eek:

Vivica

Sep 7, 2010
Philadelphia PA
Parrots
1 15 year old Golden Capped Conure Named Wrnts
I remember when I was fifteen, I crossed the street on my bike without looking. I was only hit 5-10 mph or something like that, and got thrown on the hood of a land rover and hit my head on the asphalt and was left staring at the sky. I was such in shock, I told the driver she could leave... and there my blood was on her landrover. She split my knee wide open. I still have knee problems till this day- and I know the accident was my fault- but gosh, cars are so destructive! And to think it was only 5-10 mph! I feel chills when I see high-speed accidents. I hate driving, and that's primarily the reason I don't.

Most Reactions