Wanting to buy a grey ...

Lucas holbrook

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
African greys
I have been looking for a cheap African grey around 800 dollars for a very very long Time buff TV all I have been able to do is find a bunch of scammers and I am tired of getting no we’re with this but I am in to far to quit I am wanting a African grey if y’all know anyone that has one that I can trust can y’all please help me out with this thank you so much

OP
L

Lucas holbrook

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
African greys
I am interested in all cheap African greys in America as long as there are no scams if they are available for shipping I have been looking for a grey thanks let me know

OP
L

Lucas holbrook

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
African greys
If you are needing to rehome an African grey I will pay 800 for one as long as it is heathy and tamed please let me know if you know where I can get one cheap thank y’all I appreciate it

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Parrots are not cheap. An ethical breeder will sell them for a higher price to prevent irresponsible people from buying them.

Not only is the bird expensive, but its requirements as well. Birds need to have a lot of natural shreddable toys, and need to be able to forage to keep them mentally stimulated. Avian vets aren't cheap either; in some areas there aren't even avian vets!

There aren't a lot of active uses on this site who breed African Greys as far as I know.

Why do you want a bird? To be entertained, or to love it? If the answer is the first one, definitely don't get a bird. Remember, not all birds are like the ones on the internet.

I suggest doing a lot of research beforehand, you've come to the right place. If you need any advice regarding diet, enrichment, housing, etc, ask them here :)

Cheers!

OP
L

Lucas holbrook

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
African greys
T
Parrots are not cheap. An ethical breeder will sell them for a higher price to prevent irresponsible people from buying them.

Not only is the bird expensive, but its requirements as well. Birds need to have a lot of natural shreddable toys, and need to be able to forage to keep them mentally stimulated. Avian vets aren't cheap either; in some areas there aren't even avian vets!

There aren't a lot of active uses on this site who breed African Greys as far as I know.

Why do you want a bird? To be entertained, or to love it? If the answer is the first one, definitely don't get a bird. Remember, not all birds are like the ones on the internet.

I suggest doing a lot of research beforehand, you've come to the right place. If you need any advice regarding diet, enrichment, housing, etc, ask them here :)

Cheers!
Thank you I have done tons research I would care about being entertained I wold just like to have a bond with one of these awesome parrots thank you

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
T

Thank you I have done tons research I would care about being entertained I wold just like to have a bond with one of these awesome parrots thank you
Try visiting rescues, you can see interact with the birds and see if they're a good fit for you :)

Last edited:

GwinnyAndRobert

Jun 5, 2022
Parrots
Robert The Bruce, CAG
I have been looking for a cheap African grey around 800 dollars for a very very long Time buff TV all I have been able to do is find a bunch of scammers and I am tired of getting no we’re with this but I am in to far to quit I am wanting a African grey if y’all know anyone that has one that I can trust can y’all please help me out with this thank you so much
Hello! As someone who diligently searched for a CAG over the past few weeks, spoke with many "sellers" whose websites disappeared shortly after contact, and getting advice from my avian veterinarian friends....you will NOT find an African Grey for less than $3000 unless up for adoption, in which case most rescues set fees at $1,000 or higher because these birds need a lot of specialized care.

I've seen soooo many websites advertising these parrots for $600 to $1500 and they are all fake. If they do not accept PayPal or credit card, stay away! There is likely no bird to purchase and you will get trapped into all kinds of games.

Save your money and then ask avian veterinarians for recommendations on breeders/pet shops. You will save yourself so much trouble. I can see your heart is already broken :( I would hate to know someone in this state is taken advantage of.

Most Reactions