LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Apropos of nothing and totally irrelevant to the conversation, but I am reminded of a limerick - undoubtedly the worst limerick in the WORLD!!! To wit:

There once was a man from St. Bees,
Who was bit on the butt by a wasp,
When asked "Did it hurt?"
He said "Yes it did,
But I'm really glad it wasn't a hornet!"

With apologies to everyone - I will see myself out!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm in Alberta, and both the wasps and flies have been terrible this summer! I was at the hospital yesterday and there were so many flies inside! The wasps like to hang out around my swing in the backyard, so no matter the temp I've been wearing long sleeves and a hat because for some reason they love getting tangled in my hair.
Usually we are fighting mosquitoes, but they aren't bad this year even though we had a pretty wet summer.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I'm in Alberta, and both the wasps and flies have been terrible this summer! I was at the hospital yesterday and there were so many flies inside! The wasps like to hang out around my swing in the backyard, so no matter the temp I've been wearing long sleeves and a hat because for some reason they love getting tangled in my hair.
Usually we are fighting mosquitoes, but they aren't bad this year even though we had a pretty wet summer.
I know your feeling. I have to tap my screen to get these wasps off. It’s hard to get them all out when I need to close my windows. It’s to the point to where I feel like I should be naming them because they are everywhere, and don’t leave πŸ˜‚

meet Fred in my bathroom window!
IMG_0251.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I know your feeling. I have to tap my screen to get these wasps off. It’s hard to get them all out when I need to close my windows. It’s to the point to where I feel like I should be naming them because they are everywhere, and don’t leave πŸ˜‚

meet Fred in my bathroom window! View attachment 54491
Well, hello Fred!
This cracked me up and I needed that laugh today. Thank you to you and Fred both:)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

meet Fred in my bathroom window! View attachment 54491
Handsome chap like Fred deserves a limerick in tribute to him!

An eager young wasp named Fred,
Went where others would not dare to tread,
With a skip and a hop,
He ate Nico's chop,
And now he is very well fed!!

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week!!!😁

Most Reactions