Watching YouTube Birds with MY bird!

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
I did it for a short time once right after first getting Archie, but last night, we spent a good hour on shoulder watching birds talk. He had a freaking ball, and chatted away with some of his own vocalizations now and then.

I’m curious if I continue this practice, whether he’ll pick up on new sayings, songs, etc. You see, although Archie imitates me, my voice is low and gravelly and not optimum for the desired result. He learns my wife’s voice perfectly and it sounds great, but it’s all d**n Spanish. (Married 31 years and my wife does this to annoy me.)

I’m also curious whether just showing him YNA videos makes any difference! Like, would he respond more to “one of his own?”

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
It may not be a amazon that he learns from. Salty loves ringneck videos, and learns stuff from them all the time. 2 in particular, Sky and Bowie. He has learned so much listening and watching them. There is also a DYH named Marley that is a really good talker that Salty likes, and one named Lilianne. All worth watching.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My YNA shows little interest in parrot videos.
My 2 Red Headed Amazons take a keen interest, the closer in species to themselves the more interesred they are.

Most Reactions

Latest posts