We lost our little Cinnamon Cheek conure last night.

davepettigrew

Jan 22, 2022
Parrots
Cinnamon Cheek Conure
hey. new here. just wanted to post and share about the loss of our little Cinnamon Cheek Conure last night. He was 4 years old and was a great little dude. His name was Jerry. Just asking how others deal with the loss. He was such a huge part of our family. Thanks for this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_4259.jpeg
    IMG_4259.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 98

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Oh, welcome to the forums, but I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Jerry. He was absolutely stunning and I can't imagine the pain you must be going through. Take all the time you need to grieve and know that this forum is here for you.
Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, Jerry, until we meet again. 🌹

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Unfortunately recently several of us have suffered losses on the forum .

I'm so sorry to hear of you loosing your sweet baby. There is such a deep bond between people and parrots.

Honor your loss and your grief and take care of yourself.

Jerry personality shines bright in his picture

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A somber but heartfelt welcome to you. My deepest condolences for your loss of Jerry.

Everyone manages grief in unique ways, joining/posting in forum of empathetic folks helpful. Keep Jerry's memories fresh by discussing him, allow yourself the catharsis of sadness however best expressed. You may experience others dismissive of human-parrot connection; we're always here for you.

D

Deleted member 42416

I lost a young sun conure last week… when you have developed a bond like that..well, they are family. The grief and the pain are very real. It’s ok to cry, talk about Jerry, remember all the funny and special things. It is a deep sadness we feel…which I somatized into a deep ache in my chest. It has been a week, and day-by-day this heartache gets better.

Our little ones have such bright souls. I have no doubt we will meet them again on the other side. Till then, may they nibble on the Lord’s ears and frolic in infinite bliss. Godspeed, Jerry!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Jerry, he was beautiful.
It's so hard to deal with the loss of a feathered family member, I'm really glad you reached out here. I find that knowing that others know what you're going through is of comfort to me.
My heart aches for you and your family.
Fly free, sweet Jerry, you will be forever loved and forever missed.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to the forums, davepettigrew. My most sincere condolences on the loss of darling little Jerry go out to you.

As one who has been suddenly and unexpectedly bereaved both prior to joining this forum and since, I can tell you that there is NOTHING in the world like the empathy, caring and understanding that you will find within this community. I'm so very sorry for the circumstances that brought you here, but I'm glad you found us. Because we get it.

Sending strength and the warmest of feathered hugs to you and yours dave, you are among friends here, and we understand how much this hurts.

Fly straight and true on your bright, beautiful wings to the Rainbow Bridge, precious Jerry, you will be forever beloved. 🙏💖

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
hey. new here. just wanted to post and share about the loss of our little Cinnamon Cheek Conure last night. He was 4 years old and was a great little dude. His name was Jerry. Just asking how others deal with the loss. He was such a huge part of our family. Thanks for this forum.
I am so sorry for your loss. No words can ease the pain so all I can say is your little one now has bigger wings so that he is able to visit you whenever he, and you, want. Virtual hugs to you and your family.

OP
D

davepettigrew

Jan 22, 2022
Parrots
Cinnamon Cheek Conure
I am so sorry for your loss. No words can ease the pain so all I can say is your little one now has bigger wings so that he is able to visit you whenever he, and you, want. Virtual hugs to you and your family.
much appreciated. thanks so much for the kind words. he was a great little guy and will be missed!

Budgierose

Dec 10, 2021
Parrots
Hi! I am Budgierose! I don't have any birds yet but I love to learn about them and help others with my budgie information!
Sorry for the loss of your sweet conure. He looks really cute. Adorable bird and I know you will cherish the memories of him forever.

Most Reactions

Latest posts