We might be getting him a mate

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
3 year old indian ringneck
Hello so we found an Indian ring neck female for my ringneck male, we r planning on making him have eggs but thereā€™s one problem, the female that I didnā€™t get yet is a biter but my current ring neck male is tamed and not a biter so do you think if I get the female sheā€™d tech him how to be more catastrophi?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
1. No guarantee that one bird will get along with another.
2. Donā€™t have Ringneck parakeets.
My experience with a bonded pair (2 pairs actually) of wild/tame combination. If you continue to handle the tame bird every day to maintain your relationship the bird will remain friendly.

OP
indianringnecks

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
3 year old indian ringneck
1. No guarantee that one bird will get along with another.
2. Donā€™t have Ringneck parakeets.
My experience with a bonded pair (2 pairs actually) of wild/tame combination. If you continue to handle the tame bird every day to maintain your relationship the bird will remain friendly.
Thanks but what do you mean about number 2? If i dont have two ringneck's how would they have kids?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Thanks but what do you mean about number 2? If i dont have two ringneck's how would they have kids?
My point #2 is that I personally donā€™t have Indian ring neck parrots. So I canā€™t speak from personal experience how 2 of them will react/get along with each other.
My experience is with Amazon and Cockatiel parrot couples.
My experience with a mixed couple (wild/tame) was as long as you continue to handle and spend time with the tame bird you wonā€™t loose your relationship with him/her.

Most Reactions