so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Driving back and forth (or more accurately up/down) California I have stopped at most
rest stops between LA and the Oregon border.

I think one of the prettiest is the one near the Klamath river.

But I like stopping at the weed airport/rest area because it gives me a chance to visit with some friends.

weed airport.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Some places are just sure to attack winged friends and Seagulls are common in areas where large bodies of water are within a few hundred miles downwind from them. Humans are prime interest to Seagulls as we are so very wasteful, food is always available. In our area, the new routes that Seagulls are using are the highways especially those that pass by large Malls, yet another place Humans gather.

Long and short of it; Parrot People are suckers for Feathered creatures, no matter where they are.

Al, I cannot believe that we have some kind of legal Weed and your area does not!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
By the title of the post.......nvm ...........no comment.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Driving back and forth (or more accurately up/down) California I have stopped at most
rest stops between LA and the Oregon border.

I think one of the prettiest is the one near the Klamath river.

But I like stopping at the weed airport/rest area because it gives me a chance to visit with some friends.

View attachment 41071

Twenty-five years in the airline business and I never knew there was an airport called Weed. What a pity Qantas doesn't fly there, it looks like a lovely spot and the locals look very friendly too!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Terry, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. 😁😁
I knew as soon as I saw you had posted what it was going to be, and I laughed as I was going to your post.
You never disappoint me, Al:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts