Weird behaviour

Skirtos98

May 9, 2022
Parrots
Budgies
Hello! I’m new here, and i wanted to ask for some opinions. I’ve had this budgie for about 3 years now, and lately (for the past 2 weeks, i’d say) i noticed weird behaviour in my budgie. Whenever she’s eating, no matter what kind of food it is (pellets, seeds, veggies, fruits) she is taking forever to chew. Sometimes, in the morning she sits for even 2 hours above her food container and takes a bite every 5 minutes, looking like she’s struggling to swallow it. I’m concerned it is a health issue, but i dont Find any answers on google about it. Anyone has seen anything like it before? Attaching a vid down below.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I haven't seen this behavior before and never heard of it i definitely advise you to go to an avian vet
and to mention that cage is way too small the only good use for that cage is a travel cage
and you got a cute budgie a very cute (whats the budgies gender?)

Most Reactions

Latest posts