weird lump inside cockatiel’s beak

vaniglia

Jun 12, 2022
Hi! Yesterday i saw that my cockatiel has a lump inside his beak, on his left. What could it be? Should I be concerned? He’s not behaving differently than usual. I tried to take some pics but it’s not easy. I still plan to take him to the vet, I just want to know if someone knows what it might be!! Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my first language.
D28FABC8-7C29-4529-A9D1-5C12E7A32E10.jpeg

6A9FA0BF-958D-4622-984F-D7B8A2FC6C6E.jpeg

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Not sure myself, though Vitamin A deficiency can cause bumps to appear in a birds' mouth. Very interesting. Please tell us what your vet says :)

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi! Yesterday i saw that my cockatiel has a lump inside his beak, on his left. What could it be? Should I be concerned? He’s not behaving differently than usual. I tried to take some pics but it’s not easy. I still plan to take him to the vet, I just want to know if someone knows what it might be!! Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my first language.
View attachment 40995
View attachment 40996
At first I thought you saw the normal bumpy looking part inside a cockatiel beak(if you know what I'm talking about), but looking again it doesn't look normal.

OP
V

vaniglia

Jun 12, 2022
Not sure myself, though Vitamin A deficiency can cause bumps to appear in a birds' mouth. Very interesting. Please tell us what your vet says :)
hi, sorry for the late reply!! the vet thinks it’s just part of his palate (i didnt notice but he has it on the other side too, but smaller), i don’t know how it’s called in english (or in my language tbh) but she did a test (?) too see if it was a virus/infection/something like that but everything seems normal. i will have to monitor it and if it gets bigger she’ll run more tests (..i dont remember how they are called but they are a lot more invasive). the bird looks completely normal and is acting as usual so i hope the vet is right! :)

Most Reactions