Welcoming our New Moderators!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure

Welcoming our New Moderators!

It is with the greatest happiness that we announce the induction of two Super Moderators. LaManuka (Martina) and saxguy64 (Jon) will be the newest additions to the team.
He's from New England; she's from Down Under; they're both well-known denizens of our Community!

They will begin learning their various duties right away... assisting members, novice and experienced... keeping the forums all neat, tidy and well-maintained... continuing to provide their usual input and information... and more.

Martina is well known for her joyful, energetic, passionate love for all things avian. She contributes information obtained from dealing with her own flock as well as from tireless research and reading.
Jon is a steady and supportive presence with an abiding appreciation for our Community's history, current expansion, and readiness to address future challenges.
Martina and Jon are always welcome additions to any discussion.

This Community will continue to offer the unique blend of information, support, and good will that has helped us thrive for 15 years. Our continuing goal is to help people and birds live rewarding, wonderful lives together.

Please join us in embracing this new infusion of purple!

Welcome, Martina and Jon, welcome!

CONGRATULATIONS!
LET'S CELEBRATE!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHAcRWmDSCk"] CONGRATULATIONS! - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Jon & Martina, Welcome to the Team!

You both are amazing people and are perfect additions to the Mod Family.
Thank you so much for accepting, I couldn't be happier & I'm looking so forward to working with you two!

What a happy day for the forum!

txMLZBq.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
:smile022: Congratulations Martina and Jon!! We are grateful you have chosen to share expertise, compassion, and style as our newest moderators!! :smile022:​

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Welcome to the Mod-Squad, Jon & Martina!!! We couldn't be happier about bringing the two of you onboard. You both bring so much to the table, and our team will be all the stronger for it!

Reactions around the world!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Welcome to the Purple!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
A hardy welcome to the "Behind the Curtain" Zone as well as a congratulations to the both of you as you take on the Moderator's Tool Box and the "Works" (using the British term).

Enjoy and know that your strong commitment to Parrot Forum will support and guide you!

From the AmaZone sector of this wonderful Site: Enjoy!!!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
An absolute joy... to repeat the greetings and bump the thread! Welcome!

Inger

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Wooooooo! Congratulations and thank you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ò€œScreeҀ� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Fabulous additions to a wonderful team!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well well well just when you thought this crazy old world couldn't get any crazier, they went and made me a Mod! Oh well, here goes nuthin'...

Cometh the hour, cometh La Manuka Scarlette, Scourge of Spammers and Similar Naughty People who inhabit the World Wide Web!

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture22461-img-0497-2.png

It is a privilege indeed to serve among a team that have both awed and inspired me since the day I happened across Parrot Forums. Plus I'm excited to be working alongside Jon whose writings I have long admired. It's a daunting prospect but with the support of the Senior Mod Team and my little furry mate above, I will do my very best to uphold the high standards to which our valued PF members have become accustomed.

And if I ever don't, please feel free to send your complaints to Scott, Somewhere In San Diego, USA, Planet Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, coz it was his idea!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
And if I ever don't, please feel free to send your complaints to Scott, Somewhere In San Diego, USA, Planet Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, coz it was his idea!

Well, it just so happens I recently moved to a tiny star on the outskirts of the Andromeda Galaxy. Catch me if you can!:D

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh they’ll find you Scott, they will hunt you down wherever you may try to hide!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Well... Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome! I'm truly honored to be a part of the team. I had great aspirations of coming up with a brilliantly conceived, witty, inspired post, but instead, here I am, taking a quick break from my Saturday honey-do list, hoping for that bit of inspiration. Then, I got to read Martina's post and thought, what do I say after THAT? Wow! I'm not worthy!

All I can say for now is, I love this place! To me, it's entirely about the well being of our birds. It's a place where we support and encourage ongoing learning, at all levels, of how to best care for these remarkable creatures, without judgement. It's a place where everyone has something of value to say. Someone new to parrots can soon answer a question, because they recently asked that same question, and learned something. It's a place of like-minded friends. It's a family.

So, while it's gonna be a bumpy ride while I learn the ins and outs of being a mod, (trust me, it's a lot) I'm really excited for the opportunity to be of service to this awesome community.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

Two of my favorite people on the forum.

A well deserved promotion, I am so happy for you both! You will be a wonderful addition to the Mod Squad!

Best of luck!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thanx Amsterdam! :smile015:

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture22465-img-0529-2.png

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Awesome picks! Good luck to you both! :)

Jim

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Can I give a round of applause for LaManuka..

Our timezones are quite close, so I've been seeing all her hard work tackling spammers. She's often the only mod online at the time, and as I click in to report spam, BAM!, spam gone! I don't even have a chance to report it!

Three cheers for LaManuka!

Most Reactions

Latest posts