What are some humane April Fools Day 'pranks'?

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I'm looking to 'prank' my budgies on April Fools Day (tomorrow). Obviously, the 'pranks' won't actually be pranks, and they'll be humane. I was thinking of making an April or Easter themed toy for them, or rearranging their stuff a bit (things I normally do), and maybe put green crinkle paper everywhere! 🀣

Well, not everywhere, that would take too much work to clean up, but maybe just in certain places?

Does anyone have any other ideas? I celebrate almost every holiday with the birds, and I love thinking up new, creative ways to celebrate every year!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
If you have a digibird....same size as a budgie that sings when you whistle...and the beak moves...probably to late to order for tomorrow.....But that would kind of be like ????????????????

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Well, its been shown that humans who are the butt of practical jokes suffer from several issue as a result. Subjecting your parrots to that ... hmmmm?

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Well, its been shown that humans who are the butt of practical jokes suffer from several issue as a result. Subjecting your parrots to that ... hmmmm?
Like I said, more of 'treats/rewards' than 'pranks'

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots

Most Reactions