Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jon and I were just chatting about what brought us here, and I joined because I was finally going to get an Ekkie, my Dream bird, and I wanted to be able to ask questions.

I hadn't had birds for several years, but at this point we had Talli , Dexter and Darwin. I had been lurking for awhile, reading all the info on how much things had changed in the years I was away from birds so I could give my guys a goods life.

So I joined because of Ekko, the Eclectus, and he deserves all the treats today:)

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I joined cause....

So I basically stumbled onto ParrotForums while researching on bird diet etc. I didn't really remember the site, but then a few months later in January, I found it again. Asked mom if I can join, and she said yes. I joined to learn about bird care, and I was planning on making multiple bird posts to educate people and forward them to friends and family to help them too(until uh... yeah) but later I decided to make an online document instead.

So yeah, that's why I joined! And I'm glad I did, I love this place!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I joined cause....

So I basically stumbled onto ParrotForums while researching on bird diet etc. I didn't really remember the site, but then a few months later in January, I found it again. Asked mom if I can join, and she said yes. I joined to learn about bird care, and I was planning on making multiple bird posts to educate people and forward them to friends and family to help them too(until uh... yeah) but later I decided to make an online document instead.

So yeah, that's why I joined! And I'm glad I did, I love this place!
I'm so glad you joined too:)

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
And he turned out to hate your guts!

Oringinally came here to ask the dreaded “what bird is the quietest and likes everyone” question. Disappeared after that since bird fever died, then came back years later once it hit truly again to narrow my options to illigers macaw vs Ekkie. Got the Ekkie and stuck around :)

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
My reason...
English:ROFLMAO:

My main reason was because I wanted to see how English speakers talk about parrots, so my reason is kinda weird😅

At first I wanted just to observe because I was a bit afraid of writing here. But somehow I discovered Gameroom and "Change One Letter" game, where I posted my few first posts (yeah, my first posts were in the GAMEROOM :ROFLMAO:) but if you saw how I was playing then, you'd laugh at me. I literally was checking EVERY word I was writing in Google Translator to see if I didn't misspell them:ROFLMAO: Even if I was sure...:ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately I don't remember my next stop😅 But after few months I started normally writing and finally posted a thread about my fids

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
And he turned out to hate your guts!

Oringinally came here to ask the dreaded “what bird is the quietest and likes everyone” question. Disappeared after that since bird fever died, then came back years later once it hit truly again to narrow my options to illigers macaw vs Ekkie. Got the Ekkie and stuck around :)
HAHAHA! Notice how I left out that part, but yep, he hates me. You crack me up!

I'm so glad that you and Parker are here, and for the wonderful friendship we have developed over the years:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
My reason...

My main reason was because I wanted to see how English speakers talk about parrots, so my reason is kinda weird😅

At first I wanted just to observe because I was a bit afraid of writing here. But somehow I discovered Gameroom and "Change One Letter" game, where I posted my few first posts (yeah, my first posts were in the GAMEROOM :ROFLMAO:) but if you saw how I was playing then, you'd laugh at me. I literally was checking EVERY word I was writing in Google Translator to see if I didn't misspell them:ROFLMAO: Even if I was sure...:ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately I don't remember my next stop😅 But after few months I started normally writing and finally posted a thread about my fids
Roz, I absolutely love it that you started posting in the Game Room. We added the Game Room so that perhaps more people would participate, and I'm so glad it started you on posting. You have helped so many people with their birds since then:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I joined because they said free millet with every post.....that turned out to not be true.
Here you go!

1654966816340.png

When you post again, please refer back to here. That should take care of several posts.
Let me know when it runs out so I can give you another field.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
My reason...

Me: *trying to find your first post*

I have no idea why.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
You have helped so many people with their birds since then
I don't think so 🤔 Honestly I am one of the useless members here. I answer the questions usually when I know that I am one of few members who can help (such as genetics, Bourke behavior) and they're very rare questions

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Terry what a fun topic!

@chris-md I just realized I've been watching your target training videos! 😁 I really appreciate you having made them.

I found ParrotForums while researching parrots in general after my son's girlfriend suggested I consider parronthood. I read enough to determine I was open to most species and knew I wanted to rescue.

I joined after visiting a rescue that introduced me to Cotton, and because I felt very out of my depth and in need of advice and a place to babble a LOT about birds 😁

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Terry what a fun topic!

@chris-md I just realized I've been watching your target training videos! 😁 I really appreciate you having made them.

I found ParrotForums while researching parrots in general after my son's girlfriend suggested I consider parronthood. I read enough to determine I was open to most species and knew I wanted to rescue.

I joined after visiting a rescue that introduced me to Cotton, and because I felt very out of my depth and in need of advice and a place to babble a LOT about birds 😁
Oh I remember your first post! About.. Kiko?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I don't think so 🤔 Honestly I am one of the useless members here. I answer the questions usually when I know that I am one of few members who can help (such as genetics, Bourke behavior) and they're very rare questions
Please don't sell yourself short, you are far from useless.

Terry what a fun topic!

I'm so thrilled you decided to join us here, and the more babble about birds the better!
I'm also so happy that we get to watch your journey with Cotton, you will teach many people about the wonderful decision of choosing a plucker.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots

I FOUND IT!
I've just found my oldest posts and my first 17 posts were in Change one Letter :ROFLMAO: Then I posted a single post in 'Song Titles" and later few other posts in Change One Letter:p

But then...
Yes, it was my first post writing a full sentence! And it was just because I saw another Pole! (Now I'm reminding it)

Edit: OMG why did I write "birdy" instead of "birdie"? :ROFLMAO:

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I've just found my oldest posts and my first 17 posts were in Change one Letter :ROFLMAO: Then I posted a single post in 'Song Titles" and later few other posts in Change One Letter:p

But then...
Yes, it was my first post writing a full sentence! And it was just because I saw another Pole! (Now I'm reminding it)

Edit: OMG why did I write "birdy" instead of "birdie"? :ROFLMAO:
Nothing wrong with Birdy!

Most Reactions