What cage(s) do you use?

Conure2550

Aug 18, 2014
Are you happy with it?
I'm looking for a bigger cage for my GCC and after weeks I still can't find anything. I ordered a Prevue flight cage, but it was way too flimsy and I had to return it. This is so frustrating! When I find a big enough cage its bar spacing is too wide or its way too expensive. (I'm looking to spend $230 or less)
Hopefully I can get some ideas from you guys.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Try craigslist - they have very good cages there for ½ or ⅓ of a price, usually in good condition. I bought mine for $65, but I had to steam clean it. Parry has been completely cage free for several months already, and my cockatiel goes to sleep in that cage. A large flight cage is good if new. I was thinking about getting something like this for all my 6 fids, but there is no need yet:
Prevue Pet Products Extra Large Wrought Iron Flight Cage Black Hammertone | Overstock.com Shopping - The Best Deals on Bird Cages & Houses
It should be plenty big for one conure.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have a pair of parrotlets in this cage, and it is a great cage for them. It is big, heavy bar gauge, and 1/2 inch spacing with all horizontal bars:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Critter-Nation-Animal-Habitat/dp/B001NJ0DAY/ref=sr_1_3?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1415558876&sr=1-3&keywords=ferret+cage]Amazon.com : Midwest Critter Nation Animal Habitat with Stand, Double Unit, 36 Inches by 24 Inches by 63 Inches : Home And Garden Products : Pet Supplies[/ame]

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
This a nice roomy cage for your GCC. I have had it for about 10+ years and it looks new. It was Pritti's main house and he was not the most delicate cherry-headed conure when it came to banging around his toys and dishes, etc. the bars are not made of the flexible tyoe of wires seen in some lightweight flight cages. I bought it at a local avian shop, but it is identical ( have it in the platinum color, light gray and white powder coated ). It is now Cody Blu's main cage, BCC,. I like the strong bottom shelf to keep tubs with lids for stashing toys, cleaning stuff etc. rolls easily. Four doors nice too. I leave a couple open all the time except when no one home. So switching open doors is fun to break up routine.

Most Reactions

Latest posts