What happened?

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
My signature is gone...says i have to update my photobucket. I dont have photobucket. My sig was designed by blancaj ..how do i get it back????

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
It is probably linked to someone else's photobucket as stated above. If you can find the original image and upload it to flickr or imgur, then re-link it, it should work.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Mine is gone too.

So are all my pics.

Photobucket wants money.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Yep, blancaj has been hit! All her stuff is now gone! You have only been using a link from her! As said google search that file name, download it and put that as your sig!

Birdman666, am sure you are a bit upset!,

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Photobucket resorted to extortion. Be sure to download all your photos while you still can! I suspect they will be going under in no time after this mess. I personally am no longer trusting my photos to online storage and am instead keeping them on a external hard drive.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A terrible situation. Charging a nominal fee for image hosting seems reasonable, a dramatic surge to an unreasonable level is horrific.

I take a phenomenal number of images, but have not gotten into the habit of posting. 90% of my images are on a smartphone with cloud backup. Apple charges 99 cents/month for cloud storage, and I am comfortable with the safety and cost of this method.

Hopefully the marketplace will provide a suitable replacement for Photobucket at reasonable charge.

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Folks, if you can find a copy of your original image, instead of using a link to Photobucket, you can put it in an album here on the forum, and use it from there! Better of everyone concerned!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Folks you can always use the Luddite method of saving to cd/dvd can't you as a back up/safety net? (Yeh Ok not on a tablet your can't)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Really galling is the presence of an ad in place of the pic to "update" the account! :mad:

Clicking on the former pic leads to a Photobucket site chocked full of ads!

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I have the sig she created,but have no clue how to actually download it to recreate sig...so ill need help..i don't store photos online.

Most Reactions