What have you learned???

Damon

Apr 11, 2022
Parrots
Congo African Gray
Hi everyone! Let's take a deep dive into the reason we sacrifice and commit to our companions! So answer me this...what have you learned about yourself, about life, about anything... from your African Gray?

ScottinSoCal

Sep 7, 2019
Ventura County, CA, USA
Parrots
Had a Blue Front Amazon. Now have an African Grey (CAG)
Scooter has taught me my name in African Grey. Today I got curious, and found that it's a whistle identified as piano note E2, hold that note for a couple of beats, then rise quickly to F3, and cut off short. It's not a noise she made when she got here, and she only uses it when she's with me, or wants my attention, so I'm forced to conclude that it's my name. It's also how she greets me, when I get back home.
The dogs have also learned this is my name. When I get home the dogs can be sound asleep, and Scooter making all kinds of noises, but when she sees me and does that noise, they're both awake, off the couch, and looking for scritches.
Now I can say my name in English and African Grey.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I think Bella has been something of a reminder for me to not get upset and …. Fly off at the handle .
My Amazon’s may find my um.. lack of control entertaining and love to get noisy along with me it causes Bella to get upset.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thanks Wes!! Now I can state that Julio caused or at least contributed to my losing my temper!! Likely not going to be believed, but what to heck, one never knows for sure until its tried!

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
Hi everyone! Let's take a deep dive into the reason we sacrifice and commit to our companions! So answer me this...what have you learned about yourself, about life, about anything... from your African Gray?
That I have more patience than I knew I had.
And that I can whistle like a MoFo.

Most Reactions

Latest posts