What I Do With Birdies Plucked Feathers šŸŖ¶

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia šŸ¤
Hi
Long time ago, I started collecting almost all the plucked feathers that are in good condition, and put them in a plastic bag. The first thing I did with the feathers, is putting some under my phone cover (itā€™s transparent). Everyone loved it and didnā€™t know itā€™s something I made! The second thing is this frame below. I really miss Mathew and Mia when Iā€™m at work, so I decided to make this frame and put it on my office desk. I chose the words of this song intensionally, what do you think šŸ„°?

Attachments

• IMG_1047.MOV
    1.1 MB
Last edited:
OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia šŸ¤
Where did you get that idea from
From my love for them, and a suggestion from a person who once was a best friend ..
I saw the beautiful plucked feathers, and I felt bad getting rid of them. I started collecting them in a small bag, then I put some under my phone transparent cover. I also wanted to put them under my laptop cover. Then when I was talking to that friend about the collected feathers and showed them my phone, that friend suggested to create a frame to hang it on the wall, but I just told myself why not put it on my office desk at work ..
Iā€™m also using a large feather as a bookmark now šŸ„°

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
From my love for them, and a suggestion from a person who once was a best friend ..
I saw the beautiful plucked feathers, and I felt bad getting rid of them. I started collecting them in a small bag, then I put some under my phone transparent cover. I also wanted to put them under my laptop cover. Then when I was talking to that friend about the collected feathers and showed them my phone, that friend suggested to create a frame to hang it on the wall, but I just told myself why not put it on my office desk at work ..
Iā€™m also using a large feather as a bookmark now šŸ„°
I wish I had done that so I could keep a part of my dearly departed birdies with me forever. I start today with my Great Eight.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
We always save any molted feathers from Salty, got a whole bag full at this point. I might try this, thanks.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Hi
Long time ago, I started collecting almost all the plucked feathers that are in good condition, and put them in a plastic bag. The first thing I did with the feathers, is putting some under my phone cover (itā€™s transparent). Everyone loved it and didnā€™t know itā€™s something I made! The second thing is this frame below. I really miss Mathew and Mia when Iā€™m at work, so I decided to make this frame and put it on my office desk. I chose the words of this song intensionally, what do you think šŸ„°?
Ooh I love it!

When your bird plucks feathers, make art or put them back on him! (Jk)

Most Reactions