What illness she have?

Nikpendar

Sep 28, 2012
Hi
My friend has a female Alexandrine. she is about 1 year ago.
This parrot has general weakness, she eat her food very badly and my friend has to hand feed her.
Always her body shaking and you can see her chest bone.
We tried to feed her with nourishing nuts and fruits but she is still weak.
Please Help about this problem and give a solution.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
How old is the parrot? When was it's last vet visit? No one is able to tell from a general description. I recommned getting this bird to an Avian Vet ASAP! By the time an owner notices a parrot is sick it is usually a little too late. Please make an appointment now!

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Yes. Clearly this is a sick bird that needs medical attention right away. Call the avian vet first thing in the morning, or if your vet has 24 hour emergency treatment, call asap. My vet will respond to calls 24/7 and even admit . So if you are not sure, call the number and find out. Please don't wait past tomorrow morning.

OP
N

Nikpendar

Sep 28, 2012
This parrot had some hysteria 3 months ago!
Do you think that related by her problems in these days?

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Hello. Weather this problem could be related or not, she really does need to see a vet asap, or she could die in the next coming days. Please get the bird off to an avian vet and get her checked over and hopefully get her back to her old self.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
This parrot had some hysteria 3 months ago!
Do you think that related by her problems in these days?

The parrot had what? Hysteria? What exactly is that?

She MUST go to an AVIAN vet as soon as possible. In all actuality, she should have been to the vet at the very first signs of not being well.

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Like everybody said, TAKE HER TO THE VET. All these signs show her organs shutting down. No offense or anything but why didn't you take her to the vet if she was shaking and she couldn't eat properly ? Take her to the nearest animal emergency hospital or make a appointment today or the earliest time tommorow. She's in a very advanced stage of a illness. Give her lots of warmth and keep hand feeding her. If she old she might now make it. Parrots can have hysteria ? How did she behave ? We are not vets so we don't know any solutions.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts