What is it called?

brolie

Apr 7, 2015
Colorado Springs
Parrots
Gus the Jenday Conure (7yo) Pooka the Umbrella Cockatoo (17yo) Sky, Arwen, Antigone the Budgies (all born in August 17') - and Captain our Yellow Naped Amazon (10 yo) RIP Oatey 8/15/17 Cloud 4/28/18
So I got my cockatoo a new perch but the metal things that hold the perch in place are too small because her cage bars are too spaced out. What is that piece of the perch called so I can buy bigger ones?

It's the two circles and then the spinny thing lol (see why I can't find it on google? haha)

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Hi there! Washers are the flat metal donuts, and the skinny thingy is called a wing nut. Sounds like you need to get bigger washers that suit the size of the cage. They are easy to find, every hardware store in America will sell them. Bring your perch and old washers to ensure you are getting the right size.

Also the amount of space between bars.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Hi Brolie,

I had similar issues w/ the washers. But, my biggest issue was the reverse.
I have a small cage in my bedroom for Levi to hang out on when we’re in there. I have a couple of perches outside as well as inside.
So his perches are heavy (he’s a grey) and I’d bet the cage is meant for conures or even smaller birds. The thinner bars could not hold the perches without sagging. We tried every size washers to no avail. My husband bought a plastic switch plates for a light outlet & that finally did the trick. Just another option. :)

Good Luck.

OP
B

brolie

Apr 7, 2015
Colorado Springs
Parrots
Gus the Jenday Conure (7yo) Pooka the Umbrella Cockatoo (17yo) Sky, Arwen, Antigone the Budgies (all born in August 17') - and Captain our Yellow Naped Amazon (10 yo) RIP Oatey 8/15/17 Cloud 4/28/18
i feel so stupid right now lol.. i know washers and bolts and nuts and all that but my brain was telling me it was something different because it was connected to the perch... wow..

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I experience d the same thing myself. Thought the washers were proprietary to the perch so didn’t see them as washers. I do need some replacement washers here pretty soon myself

Most Reactions

Latest posts