Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
We've just started getting normal spring temps here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, after a winter from hell. The sixth heaviest snowfall we've had since weather's been recorded here in Canada! Today the temp is 9C at 1:30 am. SUpposed to shoot up to 16 C later on today.

What's the weather like for you folks? :)

OP
Vampiric_Conure

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
At 10 am it was 14 C here. Normal spring too
Nice and warm! I can't wait for Manitoba's flooding to stop and the spring temperatures to return :)

foxmacaw

May 6, 2022
Media
Parrots
Blue and gold baby macaw
Athens, Georgia (USA!) is quite warm. It's already 22C (72F) at 9:40am and will likely reach 36C (97F) later this week. It never gets super cold here. Snow is a rare treat, hah! We did get an inch or two of snow in the winter this year which was really exciting.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Its mid-morning here in Michigan. We are surrounded by the Great Lakes and with the 45 Parallel running though here, we experience long Summer Days and Long Winter Nights that tend to off-set each other. Weather in Michigan is best defined by saying: If you are not happy with the Weather at this moment, just wait a few minutes, it will change. People here are broken into three groups: Those that say, its too Cold, its too Hot, or those that say, Its Michigan we have Weather!

Like last year, we have had a cool Spring.

When you have been around as long as I have, you come to understand that Weather Happens and it will vary. After all, it has been getting a bit warmer for the last 6000 years and surprise, surprise, some years are warmer and other years are not! The reality is that as our Sun ages, the Earth will become warmer. But there will be set-backs as our Sun has less active years and it will be cooler.

Next year our Spring will be whatever it is!!

Last edited:

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Here in central New York State, at 9:30 PM, it's 56 F/14 C. Last week, we had several days of August type temperatures, with highs around 88 F/31 C. The heat is coming back for the weekend, with temperatures close to 90 F/32 C predicted.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
What 13 c??? is hot for you? the temperatures in Malaysia normally are 27-33c

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
This reminded me one meme - I had already posted it once in my thread but I'm reposting it
1653212464103-png.40237

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
What 13 c??? is hot for you? the temperatures in Malaysia normally are 27-33c
Yeah, I’m used to living in -20Β°F (-28.8C) for several months, then about 10Β°F (-12.2C) for a few more. We only get 3 months of summer, 1 month or so of spring, and about 2 months of fall, then 6 months of winter. You really get used to the cold weather and when summer comes, you basically either love it or hate it. And considering I’m hot most of the time, the summer cooks me to ashes! Like, 1 hour of 68Β°F from last year literally gave me heatstroke and sunburn πŸ’€

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Yeah, I’m used to living in -20Β°F (-28.8C) for several months, then about 10Β°F (-12.2C) for a few more. We only get 3 months of summer, 1 month or so of spring, and about 2 months of fall, then 6 months of winter. You really get used to the cold weather and when summer comes, you basically either love it or hate it. And considering I’m hot most of the time, the summer cooks me to ashes! Like, 1 hour of 68Β°F from last year literally gave me heatstroke and sunburn πŸ’€
I'm just curious - what's the normal inside temperature in Alaska? (I mean to keep at home) 20/21 C (68/70F) usually is our standard... but I know that the same temperature isn't the same in feeling inside and outside

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
It's 17c now and supposed to get to 23c.
The air is filled with smoke from the fires again today, and I'm so glad that it doesn't get to the birds (their windows are sealed off.)

I hate heat and am so glad that we have such a short summer.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I'm just curious - what's the normal inside temperature in Alaska? (I mean to keep at home) 20/21 C (68/70F) usually is our standard... but I know that the same temperature isn't the same in feeling inside and outside
Yeah, that is about our house temperature! In the winter it’s about 23.3Β°c (74Β°f) and the gas bills are EXPENSIVE. 400$ a MONTH for the winter. It’s nuts!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
It's 17c now and supposed to get to 23c.
The air is filled with smoke from the fires again today, and I'm so glad that it doesn't get to the birds (their windows are sealed off.)

I hate heat and am so glad that we have such a short summer.
That reminds me, I had a dream last night that there was a forest fire in I think the biggest Alaskan city (anchorage) and we were driving away from it even though we don’t live there. Canada was also on fire as we crossed into Canada to get to Jamaica. I was duct taped to the top of the car and was just chilling up there.

anyway, How often do you get forest fires? Have you ever had to evacuate from a forest fire?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That reminds me, I had a dream last night that there was a forest fire in I think the biggest Alaskan city (anchorage) and we were driving away from it even though we don’t live there. Canada was also on fire as we crossed into Canada to get to Jamaica. I was duct taped to the top of the car and was just chilling up there.

anyway, How often do you get forest fires? Have you ever had to evacuate from a forest fire?
Well, that was quite the nightmare!

Luckily, we have never had to evacuate, but there was an evac in the other end of our county (Lac Ste Anne) a week or so ago. Thank goodness it wasn't us. We're prepared, just in case.

Wind blowing smoke into capital region, could lead to unpredictable fire behaviour

There are forest fires every year, but the last really bad one was in 2016 when Fort McMurray was on fire.

Please say a little prayer for all the firefighters, and for all the people and animals displaced by this.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Well, that was quite the nightmare!

Luckily, we have never had to evacuate, but there was an evac in the other end of our county (Lac Ste Anne) a week or so ago. Thank goodness it wasn't us. We're prepared, just in case.

Wind blowing smoke into capital region, could lead to unpredictable fire behaviour

There are forest fires every year, but the last really bad one was in 2016 when Fort McMurray was on fire.

Please say a little prayer for all the firefighters, and for all the people and animals displaced by this.
It was interesting for sure!

That’s good that you haven’t had to evac! I feel really bad for the people and animals who had to flee their homes, and the people who lost their homes to the fire. That’s got to be awful. I hope you don’t have to evacuate your home!

That article is honestly kinda scary! 21 evacuation orders?!

The Fort mcMurray fire looks scary! So many people fled their homes and many others lost theirs. My heart goes out to everyone who experiences such a thing.

I have sent a prayer and I hope it is answered.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
It was interesting for sure!

That’s good that you haven’t had to evac! I feel really bad for the people and animals who had to flee their homes, and the people who lost their homes to the fire. That’s got to be awful. I hope you don’t have to evacuate your home!

That article is honestly kinda scary! 21 evacuation orders?!

The Fort mcMurray fire looks scary! So many people fled their homes and many others lost theirs. My heart goes out to everyone who experiences such a thing.

I have sent a prayer and I hope it is answered.
Thank you so much, Rico, it's much appreciated.

The Fort Mac fire was just awful. The pictures of people escaping were horrifying. It turned so fast that they told people they couldn't even go home from work, they had to get out now. They weren't even allowed to go home for their animals. It was heartbreaking.

12603405.jpg

fort-mcmurray-fire.jpg

2200.jpg

I want to give out a shout to my friends, Janine and Ian. They own Meika's Birdhouse where they sell bird food, toys, etc. If it's bird related, they can get it.
They also own Meika's Safehouse, which is a wonderful rescue.
During the Fort McMurray fire, Meika's took in all the birds who needed somewhere to go. The first day they came in, there were well over a hundred birds. They kept these birds and treated them just as their own, some for months. They never charged a single cent to anyone.

Their home is once again open to take in any birds that were evacuated.

I think they deserve recognition, so thank you @Meikasbirdhouse for all you do!

Most Reactions

Latest posts