What is this derpy bird doing???

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
NOOOO I'M DYING OF CUTENESS :love: 😭

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Just to clarify, I'm not touching the door at all, he's doing that!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Pretty sure, cavity dwellers, this strongly resemble a tree Hallow.

Doesn't mean they are looking to lay eggs. Just that they are always looking for a great spot that could work.

My GCC goes nuts for spaces like that . Even if a cage is too close to a wall she will obsesse climbing up and down between cage and wall

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Love those guys!! Nothing like driving the Humans nuts trying to find where their feathered master is hiding now!!

Enjoy, but assure that you have a strong contact call structure in place so that you will get a chirp back that will help to locate them!!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
that's just chirper being derpy. it happens all the time with my chirper when she derps.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020

Doesn't mean they are looking to lay eggs. Just that they are always looking for a great spot that could work.

My GCC goes nuts for spaces like that . Even if a cage is too close to a wall she will obsesse climbing up and down between cage and wall
Thank you for this!

Albie loves playing in the space between the wall and cage too!

Sailboat, we have a really good (quite possibly to my neighbours annoyance) 2 note call that he does all the time when I leave the room or when hubby does,or when he does, so that's good.

I only worry when he's quiet, a quiet parrot means hes making mischief somewhere!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots

Thank you for this!

Albie loves playing in the space between the wall and cage too!

Sailboat, we have a really good (quite possibly to my neighbours annoyance) 2 note call that he does all the time when I leave the room or when hubby does,or when he does, so that's good.

I only worry when he's quiet, a quiet parrot means hes making mischief somewhere

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty does that too, between the wall and the back of his cage. For Stich, I would put a door stopper in so the door can only go so far, otherwise he could get squashed if you accidentally push the door fully open when he is back there.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Salty does that too, between the wall and the back of his cage. For Stich, I would put a door stopper in so the door can only go so far, otherwise he could get squashed if you accidentally push the door fully open when he is back there.

Thank you for the suggestion, next time I go shopping I'll grab one

Most Reactions

Latest posts