Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
This one is really embarrassing.

Nose picking.

I have had this since I was little. Sometimes when I have no tissues I'll just flick it or stick it in my mouth(i know it's gross 😭)
I am trying not to do any of those stuff because it's disgusting(please pretend you never read this, tyvm)

Also scratching my pimples. I hate that one.

Nail biting used to be a very bad habit of mine, but I do it much more rarely.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

Nose picking.

I have had this since I was little. I'd even sometimes eat the stuff(ewwwwww nooooo gross stop why am I typing this I'm embarrassing myself frick)
I am trying not to do any of those stuff because it's disgusting(please pretend you never read this, tyvm)

Same with me... I hate it so much, and I don't do it much, but due to sensory issues, if something doesn't feel right in my nose IT DOES NOT FEEL RIGHT. And I have to get rid of it ASAP.

Another one is skin rubbing. It's a stim I have (I know that isn't an excuse for it, merely an explanation), where I rub my skin (especially on my face) to try to "get rid of" any and all imperfections, such as bumps.

OP
Birb321

Birb321

Sep 14, 2022
BC, Canada
Parrots
I might rescue a conure or another small parrot
Same with me... I hate it so much, and I don't do it much, but due to sensory issues, if something doesn't feel right in my nose IT DOES NOT FEEL RIGHT. And I have to get rid of it ASAP.

Another one is skin rubbing. It's a stim I have (I know that isn't an excuse for it, merely an explanation), where I rub my skin (especially on my face) to try to "get rid of" any and all imperfections, such as bumps.
I also do something like that but insted of rubing i bite my skin around my nails, I only do it when I cant bite my nails because there too short. Its werid I know

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I also do something like that but insted of rubing i bite my skin around my nails, I only do it when I cant bite my nails because there too short. Its werid I know
It's not that odd TBH. I've known many people with that issue.

bonitabird59

Apr 12, 2022
dont those piercings hurt
I got it pierced at a 16 gauge, which is the standard size. Didn't hurt! But that was also 5 or so years ago so I dont fully remember...but I started stretching it about a year after I got it and got to the size I'm currently at about a year after that. The stretching itself hurt so so so so so bad.... burning type of pain... but afterwards it was no pain. Just the presence of something being in your nose. I'll admit sometimes its heavy, I weighed my jewelry once and it was 18 grams!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020

Nose picking.

I have had this since I was little. I'd even sometimes eat the stuff(ewwwwww nooooo gross stop why am I typing this I'm embarrassing myself frick)

Hmm. I have some suggestions, being a middle aged person who used to be very picky and sometimes still is.

Neti pot or Neil Med sinus rinse pot with saltwater sachets. Helps the nose- and sinus-flake feeling.

Dial or anti bacterial soap helps zits and ingrown hairs. I wish someone had told me that when I was 15; I was so miserable and my face so sore. Also antibiotics and maybe retin-a when things are really bad.

I still bite the skin around my nails and I know what you mean about the skin feeling funny. It’s the most irritating feeling! I cut my beautiful long nails off because I can’t stand that feeling.

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I've done it before. It was the only way for me to break my nail biting habit. Luckily I rarely do either.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I know this isn't a habit, but I still don't like it.

I speak very fast, especially when anxious, excited, or angry. I often have to repeat myself or speak slower, which is really annoying. Could be ADHD(I have a lot of the symptoms, but I'm not diagnosed yet. Seeing professionals for it though).

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
I know this isn't a habit, but I still don't like it.

I speak very fast, especially when anxious, excited, or angry. I often have to repeat myself or speak slower, which is really annoying. Could be ADHD(I have a lot of the symptoms, but I'm not diagnosed yet. Seeing professionals for it though).

I kinda do that too
I always speak too fast or too low of a voice that whenever im talking to someone they ask me to repeat what i said multiple times
It truly is annoying

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I have a habit that is very much learned and despite my efforts it has been very hard to resolve, for awhile I quit for a whole week! I'm trying again, so far 12 hrs. in!
I chew on the inside of my mouth, now what could be so bad about that? I'm not just chewing, I'm ripping off bits of skin which I regret if I eat anything spicy, and just having constant healing going on in the same place is very bad for your body.
Another habit, well 'habit' is my dang brain! I run through every scenario even if they can't or have a very low chance of happening and then I think about things sooo much that I nearly have panic attacks, though I've only ever had two 'real' ones in my whole life.
Even if it's something as dumb as buying a kind of perch for my birds that has no reason to be unsafe but it sure does in my head!

Anyways, sorry LOL!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
…
I..
Yell at people.
For various reasons.
A lot.

Most Reactions

Latest posts