What songs do your conures like?

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
What songs do you sing/play for your conure that they enjoy?

Kiwi loves songs like "Itsy Bitsy Spider" , "If you're happy and you know it", "B-I-N-G-O". Whenever I start singing these songs, she will stop whatever she's doing and bop her head up and down to the rhythm!! Even when she's hanging off the edge of my shirt..soon as I start singing she'll look up at me and bop her head! LOL

She also LOVES music with a lively beat. If one comes on the radio , she will want to jump on the radio and dance on it! (and bite at it...)

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Pritti seems to like Silent Night and tries to mimic some of it.

I'm trying to get him to learn that cockatoo gangnam dance that was posted a while back. he just steps up close and has a lost look on his feathery face.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
All my birds love music, my conure loves anything with a snappy beat and will dance to almost anything....she especially loves electronic trance music. :)

owleyes

Oct 27, 2012
Parrots
Peach-faced lovebirds: Derrick and Delilah, and Morris (girl) and Dave. Cockatiels: Earl (pied) and Pearl (pearled). Blue Sided Green Cheek Conure: Ducky. A violet pair and a rainbow pair of Budgies.
Duckys all-time favourite has to be: Rock the Boat by the Hues Corporation!!! :p

Lita

Jun 21, 2013
Austin, TX
Parrots
Reginald - cinnamon GCC
Reginald hates music. :/ All music. He prefers to laugh at the people on TV.

nicolee003

Oct 19, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
Yoshi - Cinnamon GCC R.I.P. :(
Yogi - Normal GCC
Yogi loves heavy metal and is now learning a scream (its so cute) and also Bob Marley. But he really will dance to almost any music.

ShatteredChaos

Dec 12, 2017
Orange, NSW, Australia
Parrots
GCC - Munchie, Harry || Cockatiel - Cuddles || Rainbow Lorikeet - Crunchie
My birds don't really like music all that much. One time I put on a song by Queen though, and my Galah Cockatoo who has since passed started headbanging and hopping around!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I dunno why but olivia newton john for some reason hits my birds resonance frequency. But anything I sing he's also deeply interested in.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
This is so interesting, and so much fun!

The Rickeybird loves MTV, and seems to love female pop singers... he adored and mimicked Paula Abdul in the 90s. I heard "Rush, rush, hurry, hurry, baby" all day long.
These days, he prefers Jennifer Lopez. Here's a Patagonian version of J-Lo's "Booty".
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1p5AArHrVM"]Scene 7 - J-Lo "Big Booty" cover - YouTube[/ame]

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
enough said

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl5bqHP0-KA"]Olivia Newton John - Magic - YouTube[/ame]

SassiBird

May 10, 2016
Media
Albums
Minnesota
Parrots
Black Capped Conure - Sassafras - 2015; GCC Rosalita - 2018; GCC Apple Blossom - 2018
Tajano music by Selena. It's the only music she shows any interest in. She doesn't dance, but just squawks. I've been trying to find other music she might like. So thank you for this post!

Jferrand526

Dec 29, 2017
Whittier,CA
Parrots
Tango(Jenday Conure)
Comet(pineapple GCC)
Maverick(pattagonian conure)
Hermin(Dusky Conure)
Ethan(Senegal Parrot)
Blue(Indian Ringneck-Rest in peace)
Hermin my dusky conure was in the car with me once in his carrier and the song All The Stars by Kendrick Lamar from the movie Black panther started playing and he went crazy. He was calling out and actually trying to say some of the words. It even happens now, he can be completely quiet in the car but if that song comes on he goes crazy and starts making super loud noises to the song. He’s a funny bird

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Skittles has a favorite playlist:

"I'm Too Sexy" - by Wrong Heard Daffy Duck
"Gimme gimme gimme (a treat after midnight) - by ABBABIRD
"Love Bites" - by Def Lepbird
"Pour some water on me" - by Def Lepbird

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Tajano music by Selena. It's the only music she shows any interest in. She doesn't dance, but just squawks. I've been trying to find other music she might like. So thank you for this post!

The Rb likes Selena, too! And loves J-Lo... maybe try her? The Rb loved Paula Abdul back in the 90s, and her sound is similar, so maybe check her out.

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO
I just played some Statler Brothers for Gracie. She regurgitated on me twice.

Remind me again......is that good or bad?:D

AkridChaos

Aug 31, 2017
USA
Parrots
Rescue Budgie: Snowball (blue/grey)
Normal Budgie: Oliver (yellow/green)
Black Capped Conure: Warbeak
Parrotlet: Lily, Rest In Peace
Canary-Winged Parakeet: Stryker
Hm. If I had to say, I think Warbeak hates music. Doesn’t seem to matter what I put on for him. He just screams and screams and beak smacks whatever he’s standing on when he hears it. Weirdo.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
My 2 boys are not effected by music either. They also do t talk and have shown zero talking or attempts to do so. Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg! But oh well.

Most Reactions

Latest posts