What the heck? Twitching and bobbing

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
Con's been a bit under the weather for a couple weeks (fluffed feathers, dropping color change, quiet) so I took her to the vet. We've been twice now and she's even been put on meds and Stress Pack but she's still doing this slow head bob and her right wings keeps extending while she makes an odd noise like she's in pain. I brought this to the vet's attention and she said Con would be fine but I'm starting to disagree. She's looking better, yes but, I can still tell she isn't her usual cocky self. What I really wanna know is why the wing twitch? It's only her right one too. Any ideas?

Thanks!

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
What was she put on meds for & what duration? How long has the twitching been going on? Before or after the meds? It's a bit hard to offer suggestions/ideas, from what you're describing.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
She had a bacteria infection. No clue what it was or what she was put on. Meds were given orally for 7 days but she only got about 5 cause giving meds to parrots is hard (she figured out it was on her food and won't touch her favorite treats now). The twitching started before the meds and both visits I've brought it up and the vet said she was probably just sore which I doubt. Also, I discovered last night that she's regurgitating these weird clumps of white stuff. She doesn't and hasn't eaten white food.

Anyway, took her for her second check and she was getting better so the vet said to keep her on the Strees Pack and she'd be good in no time. That was monday and she's still twitching and fluffing up. I can't go to a different vet since there's only one in my town that treats birds and I work a full time job so I can't just go galavanting across the state nor can I afford to.

Con being sick is stressing me out ugh...but I do appreciate the replies and help.

momto3

Mar 19, 2012
I was just at the vet yesterday and my bird had something white in his throat--turned out to be a seed, but the vet did ask me if he had been regurgitating white stuff because it could be a sign of a crop infection. Make sure your bird gets his antibiotics--this is critical. Do you towel him? I just towel our birds and stick the syringe in their mouth--they automatically bite down. Follow that up with a treat and you will be golden.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
Towels and Con are not friends. If she even sees one she flies away and won't come near me for the rest of the day. The antibiotics have been done for over a week now so I've nothing to give her but the Stress Pack which is added to their water.

Most Reactions