Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
So one of my neighbors down the street from me has a cockatiel (lutino) and they have him in a tiny travel cage, one dowel perch, and no toys, he paces back and forth all day and they just leave him outside all night and all day! A few nights ago it was 25 degrees! I know what people do is none of my business but I can hardly watch them do this to that poor little bird. I have three cockatiels and I know how sensitive they are, and how amazing they can be. I don't wanna call on them so I thought I could write an anonymous letter or something?

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Report them to animal protection services. At that point, it's animal abuse. Even if they don't take the tiel away, they will give a firm warning, hopefully making those horrid people think twice. They probably won't care about a letter.

Good luck, keep us updated!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Awful
When its an emergency well care like the low temperature animals welfare should i hope act immediately.

I understand how it feels. Years ago my new boyfriend and I went to his sisters house. She had bunny outside in small Cage with no shelter. We were going to have a cold snap and snow storm overnight so a huge temperature change. I begged her to bring the bunny inside overnight I said it would freeze to death. They told me rabbit live outside. I said they seek shelter and can't survive in wire cage exposed on all sides and bottom to freezing temp. It was a horrible social situation

It was awful...they did not bring the rabbit in and it froze and died overnight. I wish I had done more

Last edited:
OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Awful
When its an emergency well care like the low temperature animals welfare should i hope act immediately.

I understand how it feels. Years ago my new boyfriend and I went to his sisters house. She had bunny outside in small Cage with no shelter. We were going to have a cold snap and snow storm overnight so a huge temperature change. I begged her to bring the bunny inside overnight I said it would freeze to death. They told me rabbit live outside. I said they seek shelter and can't survive in wire cage exposed on all sides and bottom to freezing temp. It was a horrible social situation

It was awful...they did not bring the rabbit in and it froze and died overnight. I wish I had done more
Oh my gosh, that's so sad! Poor bunny

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Always use the least force first. Try talking to them first, let them know you alos have tiels, and how much they might be suffering.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Always use the least force first. Try talking to them first, let them know you alos have tiels, and how much they might be suffering.
I know I'm just scared to talk to them face to face πŸ˜…

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
If I were you, I'd combat my social anxiety (for a second πŸ˜…), and march on down there and demand what the heck they are doing. I have combated social anxiety multiple times for the sake of a life, and I think you should try to as well.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
If I were you, I'd combat my social anxiety (for a second πŸ˜…), and march on down there and demand what the heck they are doing. I have combated social anxiety multiple times for the sake of a life, and I think you should try to as well.
Oh! I forgot to say I sent a letter to them, not a rude one, I haven't been able to go by their house since but my sister said they had him in the house on a cold day, so some improvment

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Oh! I forgot to say I sent a letter to them, not a rude one, I haven't been able to go by their house since but my sister said they had him in the house on a cold day, so some improvment
Good job!

Most Reactions

Latest posts