What to expect?

VDosky

Mar 22, 2020
Parrots
Indian Ringneck (Kiwi)
Macaw (Lio)
Cockatiel (Pablo)
Hey guys!!

Iā€™m a huge bird lover and Iā€™ve owned an Indian Ringneck and a macaw.

I think itā€™s ready to get another bird again. I have a free room I can dedicate to the bird and I still have toys etc. and I have the time. I know birds are a lifetime commitment, I had my indian ringneck for 9 years and the macaw is with my brother.

Iā€™m considering a medium sized bird. I know not all birds are cuddly and sweet and that every individual bird has its own personality but in general i want a playful and loving bird, I was thinking of a caique or a cockatiel? I think caiques are really cute and entertaining but can someone tell me what to expect?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed.

Most parrots do best when they are in the middle of everything, rather than tucked away in a room some ware. You're their flock, so naturally want to be wth you. Every bird is an individual, so really there's no 'cuddly' species. Some typically like to snuggle, like green cheek conures, but not all green cheeks are snugglers. Its best when a parrot chooses you rather than the other way round. Visit a few aviarys or bird shops, get to know the individuals.

OP
V

VDosky

Mar 22, 2020
Parrots
Indian Ringneck (Kiwi)
Macaw (Lio)
Cockatiel (Pablo)
Welcome and be welcomed.

Most parrots do best when they are in the middle of everything, rather than tucked away in a room some ware. You're their flock, so naturally want to be wth you. Every bird is an individual, so really there's no 'cuddly' species. Some typically like to snuggle, like green cheek conures, but not all green cheeks are snugglers. Its best when a parrot chooses you rather than the other way round. Visit a few aviarys or bird shops, get to know the individuals.

I meant it as in I donā€™t plan on getting a cage, all my birds were free roaming so we have a ā€œbird roomā€, I plan on spending most of my day with it

Most Reactions

Latest posts