Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
0.0.1 Congo African Grey
0.0.1 Latino Cockatiel
Hey yall,

How you guys doin'? Hope you and your birds are having a blast. My name is Rakan, i'm an x-snake lover, I used to have 18 snakes in 2 long racks and 2 separate large tubs, for personal reasons i had to give up my snake hobby, and thats not what had me move on and look for another, nope, not at all, I've always been a parrot lover but I feel that in order to take good care of your animals you need to focus on one kind of species at a time unless you have a lot of free time on your hands .

Right now i have a congo african grey and a Latino cockatiel..cant wait for my next which i think would probably be a blue fronted amazon.

Hope I have fun here with you guys and you with me.

Have a good one

Rakan

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Welcome to the forum! I gotta ask...what happened to all the snakes????

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome Rakan, you are in for a great ride, enjoy it
shake2.gif

Browse around, so much to share an learn from one another.
Members are absolutely awesome. What are your bird's names?
Send some pic's we love sharing

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hey Rakan and welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.....

OP
The Parrrot

The Parrrot

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
0.0.1 Congo African Grey
0.0.1 Latino Cockatiel
Welcome Rakan, you are in for a great ride, enjoy it
shake2.gif

Browse around, so much to share an learn from one another.
Members are absolutely awesome. What are your bird's names?
Send some pic's we love sharing

Thanks a lot. My CAGs name is Sushi and the LC's called Kooki, I'll post pics as soon as i have them on my laptop.I see you're from South Africa,I got all of my snakes except one from there, I just love to come and pick out my stuff myself when I can, I have many friends there, I dealt with many snake breeders and they are pros,I haven't gotten any birds from SA yet because the thing is they don't allow importing birds into the country here, and its been like this ever since the bird flue thing came out, I hear that it may change soon, so I'm still waiting, I have yet to deal with parrot breeders there but i'm sure they are just as pro.

I'm sure I will learn a lot here, and yes members do seem awesome, they remind me of the guys back at my old sud african snake forum.

Take it easy
Rakan

OP
The Parrrot

The Parrrot

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
0.0.1 Congo African Grey
0.0.1 Latino Cockatiel
And here are the pics (pics were probably taken 2-3 months ago)

This is Sushi

and this is Kooki

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Thanks! They look happy. I love Kooki's little almond shaped eyes and poofy feathers.

OP
The Parrrot

The Parrrot

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
0.0.1 Congo African Grey
0.0.1 Latino Cockatiel
Thanks! They look happy. I love Kooki's little almond shaped eyes and poofy feathers.

Thanks, yeah i do too. I keep him on my shoulders sometimes , he just loves to play with my big beard.

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
AH...OKAY really don't want to know where snakes went. I love all creatures. I have had a pet snake as kid. I recently held a hunk of a fourteen foot python for a charity event for our local wild bird sanctuary. All that said ...snakes in the plural ...as in more than one ... as in lots ...okay we have just reached my pitiful whimpering "running away now! " threshold.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Hello there, Rakan! Welcome to the forum. Feel free to look around at our many interesting and educational threads, and to post your own. If you're having any parrot problems, we'd be glad to help answer some questions.

Those pics are great. Your birds are adorable!

OP
The Parrrot

The Parrrot

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
0.0.1 Congo African Grey
0.0.1 Latino Cockatiel
AH...OKAY really don't want to know where snakes went. I love all creatures. I have had a pet snake as kid. I recently held a hunk of a fourteen foot python for a charity event for our local wild bird sanctuary. All that said ...snakes in the plural ...as in more than one ... as in lots ...okay we have just reached my pitiful whimpering "running away now! " threshold.

You should really be careful with those big pythons, no matter how tame they may seem to be, you can never predict what they might just do, if you don't understand snakes body language, I suggest that you be real careful with small pythons and stay away from the big ones, and just in case you're not familiar with what the Burmese or reticulated pythons are capable of, i'll tell you the damage they can cause is unbelievable and sometimes fatal.

I really love cats too but i cant get any of those furry lil things because my wife is ALLERGIC big time to those awesome creatures.

OP
The Parrrot

The Parrrot

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
0.0.1 Congo African Grey
0.0.1 Latino Cockatiel
Hello there, Rakan! Welcome to the forum. Feel free to look around at our many interesting and educational threads, and to post your own. If you're having any parrot problems, we'd be glad to help answer some questions.

Those pics are great. Your birds are adorable!

Hi there and thanks. Yeah I plan on doing that sometime soon, I need to look for info on what to do if your parrot is a picky eater. Oh and thanks for the complement, I really think so too :D.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hey Rakan, thanks for sharing the pics of your fids(fids=feathered kids)they look great ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts