What's Your Parrot Up To Today?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Omg do you have any pics of her head floof? I gotta see the head floof and the floofy floofenchops all floofed out!
IMG_20230108_113809915.jpg

This is Rocky's Mama Lilibelle, aka That English Hussy. She's a six year old sky blue opaline cinnamon. Most English females don't have this much headfloof but according to the breeder Lilibelle's is pretty impressive, and that made her valuable as a breeder of English show budgies. She has so much floof you can barely see her eyes!
Rocky's Daddy was a normal cobalt violet American budgie. Rocky's an opaline violet.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
View attachment 50055

This is Rocky's Mama Lilibelle, aka That English Hussy. She's a six year old sky blue opaline cinnamon. Most English females don't have this much headfloof but according to the breeder Lilibelle's is pretty impressive, and that made her valuable as a breeder of English show budgies. She has so much floof you can barely see her eyes!
Rocky's Daddy was a normal cobalt violet American budgie. Rocky's an opaline violet.
Oh my god she is GORGEOUS!! I want to pat the birb and give her some seebs as a treat for being a very pretty borb

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oh my god she is GORGEOUS!! I want to pat the birb and give her some seebs as a treat for being a very pretty borb
And for giving me Rocky! She's not tame and can't be handled because her bones are very fragile. She has severe osteoporosis and fractured her femur five months ago. She can't ever lay eggs again because her hips spread when she lays and she loses the use of her legs for weeks.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
And for giving me Rocky! She's not tame and can't be handled because her bones are very fragile. She has severe osteoporosis and fractured her femur five months ago. She can't ever lay eggs again because her hips spread when she lays and she loses the use of her legs for weeks.
Aw thatā€™s so sad! Is it not ethical to keep her alive at this point? No shade to the breeder ofc but I feel like on an ethical standpoint, itā€™d be inhumane to keep an animal with such fragile bones alive.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Well, I tried to give Rico a steam shower and he did not like that and got stressed and couldnā€™t breathe well due to the steam, so I brought him back to our room and into his cage. Wonā€™t be doing that again! On the flip side, he is relaxing now and watching YouTube on the TV. Our room is warm and well ventilated so heā€™s all good.

Kattoo2

Mar 29, 2023
Parrots
Has a rescue Cockatoo that rules my life, and getting a rescue Ringnek soon
Cuddle weather..... Weather went from warmish to brrrrrzzz and the Velcro Queen Zoey loooooves cuddles

Attachments

• IMG-20230508-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230508-WA0001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-20230508-WA0002(1).jpg
    IMG-20230508-WA0002(1).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 25

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Aw thatā€™s so sad! Is it not ethical to keep her alive at this point? No shade to the breeder ofc but I feel like on an ethical standpoint, itā€™d be inhumane to keep an animal with such fragile bones alive.
I have her in her own large padded plexiglass cage with low perches. She's quite happy and doing very well. She doesn't lay eggs without a mate and a nest-box. She's not in pain. Eats well.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I have her in her own large padded plexiglass cage with low perches. She's quite happy and doing very well. She doesn't lay eggs without a mate and a nest-box. She's not in pain. Eats well.
If she gets another fracture I will put her down for sure.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Thatā€™s good, sounds like sheā€™s in good hands!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Bingo my YNA has been molting something fierce.
Last couple of days it looks like a pillow exploded in his cage.
This morning after cuddle time with him he left me a feathered present.
I found a yellow nape feather on my sweat shirt.
yellow nape feather.jpg

I gave him a good shower today also. He must be feeling itchy loosing so many feathers in so short of a time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts