What's your tiels daily routine?

ILoveTiels

Jan 26, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel :)
This is my weekday routine, weekends are a bit different :)

8am: wake Odette up and let her out her cage, placing her on the back of my desk chair as I clean her cage and change her water. I prepare her foraging tray for later.

8:10am until 10:30am: Morning scritches, target training for millet spray, step up exercises. She then sits on my shoulder as I go into the kitchen and do the dishes and make my coffee. I give her a spinach leaf or other leafy green as I drink my coffee and we chat (she chatters and makes this odd static hum noise which is similar to a beak grinding noise) which involves me leaning forward and touching my nose to her beak and saying... boop. And then making funny faces. We also do some flight training in the kitchen for exercise and I place her on various tables and surfaces and have her forage for crumbs.

11am: Mommy leaves for uni :( I place Odette on her play gym and leave her foraging tray in front of her cage for something to do. The room is bird proof so she has full prowl of it while I'm gone.

If I have time I visit her between my classes to check on her during the day.

Between 3pm-5pm: I return from my in person lectures, clean up any bird poop she left for me while I was out. She follows me into the kitchen while I prepare her chop, and we do some more target/flight training, scritches and shoulder time. She eats her chop on my desk as I vacuum the room.

6pm: Birdie bed time :) Odette does best on 14 hours of sleep. I change her water again and let her fly across the room into her cage. She does this willingly, she actually LOVES her cage at bedtime and gets super moody if I'm late with the routine. I turn out the main lights and THEN say goodnight and cover her cage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts