When can i expect Poppy to molt?

Nov 2, 2022
Media
Washington, DC, USA
Parrots
Astro (budgie) 1/20/23--3/31/23
Poppy (cinnamon cockatiel)
Title basically says it all lol. She's still kind of a baby so I'm not sure when she'll start to molt. But I know it usually happens in spring and I'm really hoping it happens soon since her wings were clipped when I got her in September and I'm so excited for her to be able to fly all the way. I've noticed more pinfeathers lately on her neck/head when I give scritches but that's about it. Is there anything I should look for/be aware of especially since she's still young?

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I don’t know where in the world you live but here in the Midwest USA, my two budgies are molting like crazy! I wouldn’t be surprised if Poppy starts soon! Usually, the first thing I notice with my budgies is a little bald/ pin feather spot just above their cere. Then the feathers start molting aaalllll over the place 🙂

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Here in Manitoba, Canada, my birds are in mid molt. Even Charlie has his chest feathers back! Your little one might be starting soon. USually happens that way. :)

OP
Birds-of-middle-earth
Nov 2, 2022
Media
Washington, DC, USA
Parrots
Astro (budgie) 1/20/23--3/31/23
Poppy (cinnamon cockatiel)
I don’t know where in the world you live but here in the Midwest USA, my two budgies are molting like crazy! I wouldn’t be surprised if Poppy starts soon! Usually, the first thing I notice with my budgies is a little bald/ pin feather spot just above their cere. Then the feathers start molting aaalllll over the place 🙂
haha yeah i completely forgot to mention where we are, we're on the east coast of the us. :) Thanks for the advice

Most Reactions

Latest posts