Where did you get your ekkies from?

Milkteeth

Nov 17, 2021
New England
Parrots
Pineapple greencheek
I’ve been vaguely looking into breeders for a few months now, just to get an idea of who is good at what they do! I know JC aviaries does a phenomenal job with their birds, but unfortunately 5.5k is… out of my price range. I check petfinder and other adoption pages pretty religiously- I’d love to get a rescue boy, but I don’t see them pop up very often. Just curious about other breeders or sources!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I got my ekkie as a rehome, I found him on Kijiji here in Canada.
Do you have any rescues around you? Since you would love a rescue you may find your perfect match there.

OP
Milkteeth

Milkteeth

Nov 17, 2021
New England
Parrots
Pineapple greencheek
I got my ekkie as a rehome, I found him on Kijiji here in Canada.
Do you have any rescues around you? Since you would love a rescue you may find your perfect match there.
Unfortunately not :( I live in New England, in a quiet rural area. There’s one rescue in New England that specializes in birds, and I have yet to see an Ekkie… maybe one day! I always keep my eyes out in the hope that fate will do me a favor hehe

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm going to tag one of the Mods as he lives in Maine and got his ekkie from a rescue. Perhaps he can help.
@saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
What part of New England?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
What rescue have you been to? I know there's one in Rhode Island, but don't know a lot about them. We have one here in Maine that I love. Both my ekkies came from there, though I don't think she has any currently. (I was just there a few weeks ago) Things change day to day though, and she's a great resource either way.

tacocaTEclectus

Mar 22, 2022
Parrots
tacocaT the Eclectus hatched 9/16/22
I’ve been vaguely looking into breeders for a few months now, just to get an idea of who is good at what they do! I know JC aviaries does a phenomenal job with their birds, but unfortunately 5.5k is… out of my price range. I check petfinder and other adoption pages pretty religiously- I’d love to get a rescue boy, but I don’t see them pop up very often. Just curious about other breeders or sources!
Solely Solomon Aviaries is where I got mine. She’s out of Texas but will ship. It was $4200 for a little boy. Eclectusparrotbabies.com or something like that. He came to me hand tamed, weaned, and knowing step up. His first vet visit was free and clear of any parasites or disease. So with my experience I can recommend them. She only breeds SI eclectus.

OP
Milkteeth

Milkteeth

Nov 17, 2021
New England
Parrots
Pineapple greencheek
What rescue have you been to? I know there's one in Rhode Island, but don't know a lot about them. We have one here in Maine that I love. Both my ekkies came from there, though I don't think she has any currently. (I was just there a few weeks ago) Things change day to day though, and she's a great resource either way.
I haven’t had a chance to visit any personally (I don’t travel much haha) but I just looked up rescues in both of those locations and saved them!! I see one of the Maine rescues has an option to submit a species specific application, I might do that and see if she ever has one available!

May 28, 2022
Parrots
Blue Male Quaker
Female Eclectus
We got ours as a rehome from a previous owner that used the original breeder as a middleman. While we don't know anything about the past year in her life, it is comforting to know the breeder and attention she got before she was originally purchased.

She is a little over a year and a half.

Most Reactions

Latest posts