Which pots and pans to get

DiscotheCockatiel

Jul 1, 2021
Parrots
2 male cockatiels
I need to replace my pots and pans and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good brands or certain things to know about specific types. Iā€™ve heard they need to be free of PFAS but are all pans that are free of that parrot safe? Iā€™ve heard ceramic are good but mine didnā€™t last. Iā€™m looking for a set that is relatively affordable, nonstick, and will last. Thanks!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Good Cookware and affordable rarely appear in the same sentence.
Regarding Ceramic, one is looking for a heavy weight as ceramic requires a solid base and a thicker coat of Ceramic.
Regarding Cast Iron, look at Yard Sales and secondhand stores. They require getting use to as one needs to maintain the seasoned surface. Never place them in a dishwasher!!
Stainless Steel is expensive and require that you know how to cook, which commonly means that you are paying attention to flame level and do not have too high a temperature (flame).

Non-stick at this time should only be high-end Ceramic (see above).

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
I use stainless steel and haven't found it difficult to work with. The stainless cookware isn't that hard to keep clean either. Cast iron is excellent and can last a lifetime, but it is fussier to care for. Enamelware is also good and long-lasting. If you shop around, you might find some good buys on quality stainless steel cookware. I found a nice set by Pfaltzgraff at a discount store that was surprisingly inexpensive.

Scubas

Dec 22, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi Iā€™m hoping you can help me determine if my pots and pans are safe yo use since I have 2 cockatiels. I have the traditional Le Creuset pots and pans. Please see attached pics and thank you in advance for your help! Much appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 37

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Try completing a simple internet search regarding the cooking /food surface of Le Creuset set you have. The general look of the 3/3 photo looks like a standard non-stick product that have been problematic in the pass. Excellent information provided in above Posts.

Most Reactions

Latest posts