Who sells java trees with listings of the ‘exact’ one pictured?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi friends, it’s been quite a while since I’ve checked in!

We’ve moved, and now I’m thinking about getting some furniture for my new bird room :).

I’m looking at Java trees, but everywhere I’ve looked, there is an example pic for the listing, but not the actual tree you’d be getting. I remember seeing years ago, where they did list the exact trees for sale. I don’t recall now where that was. Any ideas? Thanks

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Welcome back :)

No one that I'm aware of. I've always been scared to order one sight unseen for fear I get one thats useful for only a single 6" long branch.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Wow Julie, you've certainly moved.... to Texas! Welcome back, hope all is well!!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

I missed that, very cool since i'm moving to houston on Friday! Texas seems to be where its at lately!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I missed that, very cool since i'm moving to houston on Friday! Texas seems to be where its at lately!

Safe move Chris.... you are not alone as statistics have shown for a long while!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks Scott and Chris! Good to be back :).

So a lot of people here are in Texas? Chris, are you in Texas currently? I have a cousin who lives in Houston. All I can say is it’s certainly different out here from SoCal!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

My comment was more on the general migration to Texas happening right now throughout the US. especially those leaving California as you are now. It’s odd, but it’s definitely happening! Especially tech companies leaving Silicon Valley.

Not yet, still in Maryland! We leave this coming Friday morning, driving out there. Hope to arrive Saturday night in Katy where we’ll stay for a couple months with family before buying a place.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Chris, yeah I guess we are part of the exodus out of CA haha. We have multiple reasons we wanted a change, not sure about everyone else’s reasons. One, it had become super overcrowded in the suburbs where we were. The dense population also brings more crime to an area which isn’t known for a lot of crime. I’ve seen big changes to the area over the many years I’ve been there, and not good ones.

All the best on your journey to Texas! :D

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I had been longingly eyeing java trees ever since I first got my budgies, and I have noticed that over the past year the selection seems to have dried up. There is a store within a reasonable drive that used to have an actual selection of large ones In-Store, and no longer. There were also a few online retailers I had previously found, who no longer even seem to have them. I've been assuming it was covid-related (retailers carrying less specialty-products in general? maybe?) - but of course it could be caused by a myriad of reasons.

iamwhoiam

Oct 20, 2014
My Bird Store and My Safe Bird Store do that but right now they have no java trees listed. You could call and check with them. When I purchased a tabletop java tree from My Bird Store I called and told the representative the sizing I wanted as well as the types of birds and she sent me photos of a few different trees that I could choose from. You could also contact A & E and see if they can help you out.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I think you can buy some on Amazon and Etsy. ParrotWizard.com might also have some, but not positive.

Most Reactions

Latest posts